Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm from northern Indiana (USA). I turned 18 a couple of weeks ago and recently got the urge to buy a motorcycle. I don't have one yet but am definitely trying to find one, hopefully this forum will help me make my decision!

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I'd advise you to take the BRC before you start riding. That will give you a great foundation to start your riding career. Good Luck in your search.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
That BRC is the Basic Riding Course offered by the MSF, Motorcycle Safety Foundation. In most states the state takes an active role and provides at least part of the financing for the course, which makes it affordable for most of us.
Once you complete and pass the course you can get your motorcycle endorsement in most states, again not in all of them, with no further testing. That means you will be able to go out and sit on lots of bikes and try to find one that really fits you. Depending on the dealer that class M stamp on your license will also let you test drive bikes that feel right to you in the showroom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts