Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined, though I've been lurking for a bit as I pondered buying a bike.

I rode for around 15 years from the time I was a teenager. A series of smaller hondas, most of it a late 80's Honda CX-500. Still miss that bike. Flash forward to married with toddlers and the motorcycle went its merry way.

Now, about 15 years after THAT, the kids are about to head off to college and it was time to get me a bike again (harrumph, mid-life-crisis, harrumph). I knew I wanted something bigger/cruiser style, having spent many happy weekends on a borrowed Goldwing. After a lot of lurking and searching and researching, I just recently picked up a VStar 1100. Loving it!!

Looking forward to getting into the discussion here, and certainly welcome any info about Central PA clubs/riders/events.

KC

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
You're just looking for a way to escape the costs of College, is all!! (lol).

The wife and I pass thru your City (a busy one at that!!) at LEAST twice a year, headed off to parts South. Glad we don't live there!! Traffic (especially during rush hour, on 81) is a BEAR!!

-Soupy

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're just looking for a way to escape the costs of College, is all!! (lol).

The wife and I pass thru your City (a busy one at that!!) at LEAST twice a year, headed off to parts South. Glad we don't live there!! Traffic (especially during rush hour, on 81) is a BEAR!!

-Soupy
Yeah, 81 can be a beast. Luckily, I rarely have to use it myself...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey Casey,
I'm a little ways over the bridge(s) here in Dillsburg. Welcome to the forum. A little too wet and cold to ride these last few days, but I hope to get some in this weekend.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Casey,
I'm a little ways over the bridge(s) here in Dillsburg. Welcome to the forum. A little too wet and cold to ride these last few days, but I hope to get some in this weekend.
Furboll -

Got in maybe 90 minutes today, despite the wind... I'm on the west shore, so same side of river, actually. Look forward to running into you at local rides/events.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts