Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from the Orlando area and have been riding for about one and a half years. I currently have a Ninja 1000 and a V-Strom 650, and I enjoy riding both of them. Looking forward to learning from this forum.

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Other members do like to know they are welcoming a real person so thanks
for letting us know a little about yourself.:smile: Normally just a few more
posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site will open to you. This is the sites
spambot control. Unfortunately it is needed today. But you have to make 15
posts before you can post pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege
to be able to post pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow
gets around that restriction.

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us:grin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy, and thanks for the welcome. I used to live not far from you, in Austin. Nice and hilly compared to Florida.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been very happy with the V-Strom so far. I've got it new and put about 6300 miles on it without a single problem. I'm about 6'5" and it was one of the few bikes that I found comfortable. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
You'll get there guys. Just keep asking questions or replying to questions. You have joined a group that is more like family than strangers so they have rules that even those of us that have been around for a while question. But they are there for a reason. So it says in fine print somewhere.:confused:

·
On The Road Again!
4,204 Posts
I'm from the Orlando area and have been riding for about one and a half years.
You have my sympathy.
If you want to enjoy riding, the first thing you have to do is get out of Orlando,...for safety.
The second thing is to get out of Florida to a place where the roads twist and wind...for fun!
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome, Offcenter. Fortunately there are some small towns outside of Orlando that make for good destinations, although what's missing are the hills. I try to avoid Orlando itself as much as possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and the sympathy Offcenter. There are some great areas to ride just outside of Orlando, as leximon mentioned. The clermont area even has a few small hills, and some twists and turns! Just have to watch out for the traffic until you get out of the city.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the response Hogcowboy. Yes many rules are not really understandable to many of us, but when they were put in place it was done for a reason. I understand that and respect it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The clermont area even has a few small hills, and some twists and turns! Just have to watch out for the traffic until you get out of the city.
Haven't ridden around Clermont yet. I live in Winter Park and usually ride towards Sanford and then Mt Dora or Deland. What are your favorite roads around Clermont, rcspeeder?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly I don't know what roads I was on. I was riding with a friend who knows the area well, so I just followed him. I've heard Mt Dora and Deland are good too, but haven't ventured to those areas yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts