Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm deanspeed. I've been riding since 2007 with out any other form of transportation, I do it because its cheaper and easier to maintain then buying and owning a car (in my opinion), I also do it for the love of riding and the freedom I feel that I get from it. I move around a lot and find myself never staying in one city for more than a couple of years. I took a break from riding for the last two years and regretted it ever since, lol. I am now on my way back to only riding again.
My first bike was a Kawasaki Ninja 250, I shortly after moved onto a Honda Shadow Spirit 750(My favorite) and now I just picked up an 06 Suzuki Katana 750 from a guy that got it from a junk yard that I hope to fix up. Mostly got this bike for the learning experience of motorcycle repair, rebuilding and maintenance, I'm already planning to sale it next summer after riding it for a season, and hope to go back to a cruiser.
I've never worked on bikes before but most of the problems seem to be fuel related, already rebuilt the carbs, cleaned fuel lines, replaced tires, cleaned and re gapped spark plugs, all with out taking it to a shop... everything seems to run great! I cant believe someone threw it away(knock on wood). All that is left is repairing the gas tank and cosmetic work (That I know of). Looking forward to reading, learning, and socializing, on these forums. Pretty soon you'll probably find me in the Motorcycle Repair, Building, and Restoration forums if your interested in what I'm up too or would like to help me out.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. There's lots of great info to be had in those repair and resto threads. You'll probably find it useful too. Good Luck with your bike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts