Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding a '67 Yamaha YCS1, storing/working on it in the basement of a record store for the winter. Right now I'm in the process of taking it apart and assessing whether or not the parts are usable. This is my first bike and I know little to nothing about motorcycles (which is why I joined this forum), but I'm hoping to have it running in the next year or so with the help of some knowledgable friends IRL and online.

Nice to meet you!

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach.

There's a fellow on here that's opening a community motorcycle garage in Chicago that might be of help to you. I don't keep up with the details so I can't tell you if it's open or anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I also am working on a 67 ycs1 as my first bike. What kind of shape is it in? When was it last running?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum! I also am working on a 67 ycs1 as my first bike. What kind of shape is it in? When was it last running?
I thought it was in decent shape until I started taking it apart and found a bunch of little things that could turn into big problems later. I'm not completely sure when it ran (it hasn't for as long as I've had it, which is roughly 5 years - haven't had the time or money to sink into it until switching jobs recently). I was reading over a couple of different threads where some owners found standing water in their engines, which has me a little worried. Maybe I should take the engine apart next before I spend more money on parts. What do you think?

Also, how's your project going?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts