Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Newbie from NEPA, the lovely Pocono Mountains. Just bought my first bike and am in the process of customizing. She's a '78 Honda CB400t Hawk II with 3000 original miles (original everything, tires included!) I'm here for advice, helpful info, and a peek at some awesome bikes.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Wow, Hello & welcome to the Forum. We rode thru the Poconos last year on our way to the Adirondacks. Beautiful riding up there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! Where'd you ride through? There's some great areas right in my immediate area.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
We were in the racetrack area...just passing thru basically, but had to look around a little.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, nice! That's essentially my backyard! Just don't go near there on or around race days. Haha

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
I would love to go to a race there one of these years but won't be on the bike if we do...Motorhome maybe, pulling a trailer with the bikes inside for riding after the race. Will probably be riding thru on the interstate this summer on our way to Maine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a fun time during the race, especially if you're infield with an RV. Traffic after the race is killer though. Haha If you're coming up I80 on your way to Maine, I suggest a stop at the Francis E Walter Dam in Lake Harmony, a nice ride in, and the scenery once you get to the damn is amazing, especially if your there sunrise or sunset.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Hey thanks for that info...I will put that on the map as a stopping place or at least a place to see.

·
On The Road Again!
2,655 Posts
Welcome from northwestern New Jersey. Not too far from you.
Now you have a bike. I'll bet you just can't wait for spring, eh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from northwestern New Jersey. Not too far from you.
Now you have a bike. I'll bet you just can't wait for spring, eh?
Where in jersey? I'm familiar with a lot of warren county. As for waiting... Before I tore her down, I wasn't! I'd take her on short trips around the neighborhood. Haha

·
On The Road Again!
2,655 Posts
Where in jersey? I'm familiar with a lot of warren county. As for waiting... Before I tore her down, I wasn't! I'd take her on short trips around the neighborhood. Haha
I'm near Lake Hopatcong, about 30 miles east of the Water Gap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not far at all, way before the put the White Castle in havkettstown, I was in that area constantly! Ledge wood used to be the closest on to me.

·
Nightfly
3,719 Posts
Hey all! Newbie from NEPA, the lovely Pocono Mountains. Just bought my first bike and am in the process of customizing. She's a '78 Honda CB400t Hawk II with 3000 original miles (original everything, tires included!) I'm here for advice, helpful info, and a peek at some awesome bikes.
Welcome fellow Keystone State Rider. I don't get out your way but I know there are a lot of beautiful riding areas in the Pocono's. Ever get to the capital city area look me up.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, this area is definitely good for scenery. I've actually never been to Harrisburg. Anything worth seeing? Haha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts