Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, been riding for years while I was still in high school out in CA. Was involved in a terrible crash and grew frightened to get back on. Fast forward 30 years, took my nephew's CBR 250 for a spin and was bitten by the bug. Went out and traded two rifles for a 1993 Yamaha FZR 600 and am having the time of my life restoring her.

Anyways, just wanted to find a forum to obtain some knowledge from those in the experience and to make some friends along the line.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Have you taken the BRC? If not you might want to do that before you start riding again.

and

·
Registered
804 Posts
Welcome!

I agree with Critter, before you hit the road, it's worth taking a beginner riding course to get back in the swing of things.

And how about some pics of that Yammie!?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

I agree with Critter, before you hit the road, it's worth taking a beginner riding course to get back in the swing of things.

And how about some pics of that Yammie!?
Will post pics once I am able to...need 15+ posts..hehe

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts

·
Visionary
4,615 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!

I too took 30 years off, just got back, have fun, take the BRC ( I did, learned a lot, I think I was probably clueless 30 years ago) and ride safe!

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I also took a few years off, but not that long.
I took my first ever BRC after being back in for a few months and graduated on my 60th birthday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts