Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is LeeAnn, and I am a new female rider located in the Bay Area, California. I recently graduated from San Francisco State University with my degree in Marketing, and I decided to take a trip cross country and see what the US has to offer from 2 wheels.

I have been riding my bike (2012 Classic Royal Enfield) for less than a year, and I love learning from more experienced riders along the way. On my travels I hope to see some amazing new sights, connect with the new generation of female motorcycle riders, and boost my ability to respond resourcefully in tight situations.

I'm joining this forum so that I can connect with people who are also on this windy road with me. Please feel free to reach out, and I will certainly do the same. I look forward to connecting with the women who are proud to be attractive, young, and brave riders in the motorcycle community. May the wind be forever at your back ladies!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I am having a difficult time finding female ridding communities with women in my age group (single and under 40), would you happen to have any suggestions regarding where I should look?

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach.

There are a lot of female riders around here but most of them don't usually separate themselves by gender, age, looks, or bike type.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Have you tried meetup.com? Not sure about the Bay Area, but here in LA there are lots of special interest groups, on meetup representing very diverse and niche interests. May even be female only riding groups.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from another female rider. Hopefully you will find some lady riders out in your area. Around here there are some, but nothing like in Florida or Texas and most ride with their husbands or SO's.

On that trip across this beautiful country, if you come thru eastern Missouri maybe we can meet for coffee or lunch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be amazing! how about I keep you posted on my trip as I go? Right now my biggest hitch is being limited on finances and wanting to travel about 150 - 200 miles a day. I figure I will try and make a couple of bucks doing odd jobs as I go to keep my money focused on my bike and food. If I make it that far, fingers crossed, you will be the first to know. : )

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Sounds good to me. I've been called a Forum Resident. Unless I'm away from home I'm usually on at least a couple times a day so you can send me a message anytime.

·
6,947 Posts
Congratulations on receiving your degree!

I flew in from Los Angeles many times to Berkeley U, in Oakland for some advanced Labor law courses and have traveled to SF many times for pleasure and business.

We moved to Missouri in 1999 to get away from the rat race of CA, with all of the traffic (2 hours driving time to go 20 miles into the financial district of West LA and 2.5 hours to get home every day!) and the crazy political correctness and population overcrowding!!

Being a power boater, diver, deep sea fisherman and sailor, I miss the ocean very badly. I was born in Lynwood, CA.

There is fantastic riding in the entire state of CA and I especially like anywhere up the coast from Santa Barbara all the way to Neah Bay, Wash.

Enjoy your ride and plan well as the heat across the mid-west and plains area can dehydrate you in a heart beat. Route 66 is still a very popular way to go from east to west or west to east and has lots of motorcycle riders on it this time of year.

have fun and be extremely careful!

Sam:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Enjoy your ride and plan well as the heat across the mid-west and plains area can dehydrate you in a heart beat. Route 66 is still a very popular way to go from east to west or west to east and has lots of motorcycle riders on it this time of year.

have fun and be extremely careful!
Thank you! I will keep this in mind for sure. I got a camel pack and I will make sure to pack extra water as well. I'll keep my head on a swivel, a girls got to watch her back enough as is!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
May the wind be forever at your back ladies!
Welcome from central California. My sister rides a Goldwing, and is an excellent rider. Also, nice Irish proverb, but the proverb also applies to us men.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am not a young lady but an old man, see my logon ID. If you are truly going to explore on your bike just forget gender issues. A rider is a rider is a rider and gender just does not enter into it for real riders. All riders are my equals and I look forward to meeting them all. This time of year you do not want to be where I am, in central Illinois, because the heat here can be brutal. I am considering taking a nice ride north to Niagara Falls in Ontario just to cool off. I met a person there last year who was a fellow member on another site. I also met up with a person from the UK when I went to Orlando in the spring. Both were cases of me noting that we would be close to each other followed by a PM where we made arrangements to meet. I just love to put a face with a name when I can. Because we are both riders we will have something to talk about if we ever meet so go for it, not just with me but with anyone who is a rider in a place you will be visiting. Killing a couple of hours in a coffee shop with a fellow rider can be a great experience.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts