Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 1973 Honda XL250, a 1979 Honda Mini-Trail 70 (CT-70), and a 1980 Honda Passport (C-70). I would like to hear from anyone who has experience removing the plastic leg fairing for a 1980 Passport C-70.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Welcome aboard, no help on the fairings, sorry

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

The first "real" motorcycle I ever rode was a Passport. I removed one leg fairing by running into a stump.....not sure that's the answer you are looking for though:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,911 Posts
Xl250

No help on the 70, sorry.
I used to own an XL250. I think they are 6 volt. I may have a 6 volt halogen head light bulb that will fit. I will look.

Unkle Crusty*

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Ayup, I've no experience removing fairings from that particular model, but I'm pretty certain a BFO hammer would get the job done. If you want to put it back on you may want to pursue other options.

If you go to Honda Parts Nation or CMSNL (European parts outfit) and look up your model you can get a schematic for the part. It looks to me like there are 4 bolts holding it in place. I can't tell, but the air box may also be part of the puzzle. Have you obtained a service manual for the bike.

I highly recommend you invest in at least one manual for the bike. Helm published the factory shop manual for this bike (and many/most/all other Hondas). The factory manuals may leave a detail or two out assuming you're a factory mechanic but they tend to be very specific in that they usually are devoted to a particular model over a few years. Clymer makes good manuals but they often cover a range of similar bikes. The answer to your question can probably be found in either book. The Helm one sells for just under $40 and the Clymer is about the same but may be had for less. You may also be able to find a used one for less off eBay or somewhere.

I had a 1976 XL250. My mechanical learning curve made turning it into a 305 a bit of a necessity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts