Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a new rider, just bought a 2021 Honda CB125F and I love it having just completed 500 miles. My first question to the members is.. is the side stand strong enough to keep taking my 12 st. Weight? I mount and dismount while keeping the prop stand down and standing on the left peg. I’m frightened of snapping it. Thank you for your time.

kind regards John.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum John. 12 stone is about 168 lbs, while it is not the recomended way to mound and dismount you should be fine as long as it is on firm ground.

Reactions: johnjoiner

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
25,278 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD our site, and...

Thanks for your introduction.
We are friendly site here. Well, most of us(y)

Reactions: johnjoiner

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum John. 12 stone is about 168 lbs, while it is not the recomended way to mound and dismount you should be fine as long as it is on firm ground.
Thank you for that, I mount and dismount that way because my leg keeps hitting the top box, standing on the peg gives me more elevation.
Kind regards John.

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
25,278 Posts
I mount and dismount while keeping the prop stand down and standing on the left peg. I’m frightened of snapping it.
Which one are you worried about or is it both? I wouldn't worry about the peg. If prop stand is kick stand there are some bikes where that might be an issue. My bike being one but there might be others that the extra weight could be an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which one are you worried about or is it both? I wouldn't worry about the peg. If prop stand is kick stand there are some bikes where that might be an issue. My bike being one but there might be others that the extra weight could be an issue.
Thank you for that, it’s the prop stand’s strength that concerns me. 😱

1 - 6 of 6 Posts