Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just bought my first motorcyle. It is a 2012 Honda CBR250R it's working great! Well today when my friend was following me he noticed that my brake light was not getting brighter when I pressed on either of the brakes.
After messing around with it, I got the front brake to work ( A connection was lose) but for the foot brake I can't figure it out. I've found the connection it was lose. So I took it all apart and then hooked it back up. The brake light turned on without me pressing anything. When I pressed on the pedal it turned off...any ideas? Thanks!

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
Hi! I just bought my first motorcyle. It is a 2012 Honda CBR250R it's working great! Well today when my friend was following me he noticed that my brake light was not getting brighter when I pressed on either of the brakes.
After messing around with it, I got the front brake to work ( A connection was lose) but for the foot brake I can't figure it out. I've found the connection it was lose. So I took it all apart and then hooked it back up. The brake light turned on without me pressing anything. When I pressed on the pedal it turned off...any ideas? Thanks!
Is it at all possible that you got a couple wires reversed? That statement makes it sound like it to me. Or the original owner got them reversed. Depending on how many wires are there, you might be able to figure this out by looking at a schematic. Old dummy me would just swap some wires and see what happens. But I now have to take a picture of how they were before I start monkeying with things like that.:rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts