Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a '75 CB360T and of course there are a few things I'll need to fix, so I'll be looking for tips and hints from those more experienced. I'm hoping my engineering degrees don't get in the way of practical repairs, lol.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach.

There's several fellows here that have experience working on older metrics, so I hope you find your answers. One Eyed Jack is a professional tech, and CMonStart, Grace's Shredder, and WinterSol both seem to have a lot of experience working on older metrics, as do quite a few others in here. (I work on Harley's, so I can only offer some general mechanical guesses when it comes to your bike.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm reasonably mechanically inclined so hoping I can follow along with whatever advice people can send my way, whether it's general or specific to my cb. I started riding again when my son bought his first motorcycle a month ago, his is a 2000 Kawasaki KZ-6R, so I'm sure I'll eventually have questions about that one too.

It's good to be out of the cage and back on 2 wheels, even if I ride like I'm old. I earned it. :D

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
Welcome from next door (Nebraska). A lot of us here are riding again after a few years of life getting in the way.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from another oldie that started riding again later in life.

As stated above there are several members with lots of knowledge and they are very helpful. Post up any questions and I'm sure you will get some answers. Good Luck.

·
American Legion Rider
18,544 Posts
Hopefully you'll find you've come to the right place but....

·
Nightfly
3,717 Posts
I just recently bought a '75 CB360T and of course there are a few things I'll need to fix, so I'll be looking for tips and hints from those more experienced. I'm hoping my engineering degrees don't get in the way of practical repairs, lol.
Welcome to the forum. Engineering is a broad term covering a wide range of applications and industries. What are the areas that you have studied and received your degree(s)? Perhaps they would be helpful as you work on your bike...

·
6,494 Posts
Welcome from Missouri:biggrin:

Those CB 360's were nice bikes and fun too. I never had one but had their Kin, a couple of 305 Superhawks.

I'm sure you can 'GOOGLE' for anything you need and you will find it quickly.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forum. Engineering is a broad term covering a wide range of applications and industries. What are the areas that you have studied and received your degree(s)? Perhaps they would be helpful as you work on your bike...
My degrees are in electrical engineering, but the last decade I've been a systems engineer (in the aerospace sense), so pretty familiar with electromechanical device and disposables development. I'm handy with tools, just don't expect me to build bridges.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome from Carlos,Texas.Like Eye said there are a lot of scooter smart people here(unfortunately I am not one of them) and I would be willing to bet out of all of them there is not a problem that couldn't be fixed with their knowledge.I know they have helped me a lot.Congratulations on getting back in the wind.Ride Safe!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Once we get a sunny day (all this rain we've had all month is a little strange for here in Colorado), I'll take some pictures and get them up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts