Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post aparently happened back in 2011, and I recently got a "happy birthday from motorcycle forum" and was like umn.... who is this? :icon_cool:

Anyway...

I been riding since I was 13 (putting me mostly riding 2 wheels for 29 years) and have had a long line of bikes and started on a 1979 PA50 and currently own a 1997 Blackbird (kinda will explain in a minute). I of course did not ride an official motorcycle untill I was 16 and I managed to put it into a blind fence. My dad did not know this till he when to ride it one day and found bent forks and wheel. Yeah I was lucky to keep my life, I was not supposed to be on it. I later inherited that bike and rode it nearly 3 years.

My favorite sport bike started as a 1988 Zx600 loved it, I raced it and wrecked it and fixed it and raced it some more. Later when it got tired at nearly 180K on it clock and 2 rebuilds (expensive I might add) it was time to look for another, I was not about the newer bikes and wanted a feel of the old ZX600 so I found the ex500's to be appealing, but was sad they were only 500's. I bought anyway, and well I bad mouthed this the bike and cussed it and then I decided to embrace it and low and behold it turned out to be one of my more favorite bikes for the street. I ended up owning 4 of them and spending almost a decade on the ex-500 forum trying to help others embrace the lil parallel twin. One I destroyed learning it, One I massively customized, yes me not paying someone. I got an album on here can see all of my bikes I owned over the years there.

But last but not least, skipping ahead, The Blackbird, I had my last 1st Gen ex500 for a very long time rebuilt its motor once and put over 100k on it total, and could ride it WOT and keep up in all the twisties with the big boys, they would loose me in the straights but I rocked them twisties. Moving forward... I about a year ago moved to Saint Louis and met a group here known as STLAR and good peeps they don't play around with safety (ATGATT) and kinda screen who rides with them, I was looking for, similar minded people and liked them, made some friends and enjoyed riding and they I think was impressed with me and my riding on my 500, I killed my 500 one day, tried out this "cleanable" oil filter, and it came off going down the road, I did not have it wired on. DAMN IT! I was screwed, no money, no bike, new position in Saint Louis and here I was. I bought another scooter, it was cheap modded it (still 50cc) to do about 40ish MPH lil 2T and loved this lil guy. I began looking for another bike at recent and one of my friends from the group with a trailer was on standby to assist with a trailer to help me pick up and I was running into so many flaky people on Craigslist it became madding. then something happened financially all the money I planned for another bike fell through. I knew my friend had a Blackbird I never laid eyes on it ever, I knew it had some kind of electrical problem, but I was very familiar with this bike model and have drooled over them, so he offered to sell it cheap to me, as a friend, and I mean dirt cheap unbelievably cheap. I jumped on it, sight unseen. He is getting his R1 in order, rebuilt and he said all he want to do is make sure it runs out and I can take it and even make payment to him. I was in shock, wow'd had to read it several time to make sure I did not miss something there.

Tomorrow I go to meet this bike officially, taking a tire I bought for it, and my electrical tools and going to get this beast to get up from it slumbering's. I did post a pic in the album of the bike he sent me of it sitting becoming a shelf, which is why he is selling it to me, because I have become part of the STLAR family and he knows I been ring enough years and old enough to know how to handle it.

Long read I skipped a lot of history in between and will be around more as this forum is about many bikes, and I hope I can add information to help others as we go, hopefull FCC wont kill the webz because I do like reading and seeing stories from around the globe.

Oh and all this, I did not mention, I am a female rider, and as of now 42 years old. :coffee:

·
American Legion Rider
18,588 Posts
Well don't stay away so long this time. Then you won't have to write a book. Good luck with your new bike and...

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome back to the Forum from another female rider. I live south of St. Louis so you might say we are neighbors.

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome back to the Forum from another female rider. I live south of St. Louis so you might say we are neighbors.
Noice! I plan on moving out of the Downtown getting out in the county(Aug/Sept), looking at Eureka or Arnold leaning in the Eureka direction so I can make easy trip to work and be able on a whim go to Bixby.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Personally I'd rather live in the Eureka area over Arnold. Arnold is still to "citified" for me. I'm just a country gal and hate big cities. Besides, there are a lot better roads for riding out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts