Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the bike a few days ago and already it won't start. It makes a terrible clicking sound whenever I press the start button.

See video that contains the sound here:
HTML:
<a href="https://youtu.be/EfN7Tb8UsCI">Video</a>
A few days ago I had trouble starting it, but it was the starter locking up. After a few tries, I was able to get it to start up and I just thought I was going to have to replace the starter soon. I guess this could be related, but I have never heard a noise like that from any vehicle during startup, so I'm just seeking some advice.

Thanks!

·
If in doubt...what?
105 Posts
Sounds like a low battery and the noise I think is solenoid chatter. If your battery charge is low the starter will at first seem sluggish followed by just chattering followed by one click, followed by nothing. That sounds like it is consistent with what you are describing. Keep trying to start it and pretty soon that offending noise will go away. Or charge the battery or replace it . maybe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Major sphincter is correct, however I would change the battery as you don't know how long its been sitting in the bike for, and its not worth getting stranded by the side of the road for, I ended up pushing a Honda X 11 home one day because I was too tight to pay out for brand new battery and when it died by the side of the road I soon learnt my lesson when I pushed that big heavy metal Goliath of a bike home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.