Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,410 Posts
Did you check the bulb? Do the driving lights work? They usually pick up power from the low beam. Check that connection first, then check the rest.

· Premium Member
6,196 Posts
Are the headlights switched off when the starter button is pressed? If so, you have something in common with my Valkyrie. All headlamp power went through that switch, which wore out pretty fast, unless you used the switch to drive a relay, which then controlled the headlamp power. Still, switch cleaning is often in order.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,558 Posts
It's highly unlikely all three stopped working at the exact same time. It's possible but unless you had all on(I do) you would need a voltage surge to blow all three. So it has to be something else they all have in common, a switch or wiring or relay. You'll need a volt meter but I'd check to see if you have voltage before and after any switch or relay going to the lights. A schematic would help but you can physically trace the wiring if you have to. Or you could just do as suggested already and clean or replace the switch or relay. I prefer to use a volt meter though to prove where the voltage stops.

Reactions: Dodsfall

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,410 Posts
Great news and thank you for the follow up with the fix. It makes it easier on the next guy with a similar problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.