Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all began with a need for some gasket replacement on my Honda CB360...all was going well, replaced the gaskets, sewed her back up and began rotating the stator to adjust the timing. Before I could reach LTDC, it stopped dead in it's rotation. I couldn't budge it. So I took it back apart. I thought maybe my issue was the tensioners. I made sure they were sitting properly. I also made sure I was able to rotate the engine. I put the cover on, but this time I didn't bolt it down. I rotated the engine again, and to my dismay, I noticed the head cover was being lifted off and set back down every 180 degrees. Hence the reason it would not turn when bolted down. What could possibly be causing this? I made sure the camshaft was sitting properly. It's fits like a glove! I'm stumped

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
That's really weird! What's it hitting?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on the timing of the head cover lifting, it seems like the counterweight closest to the points is lifting it up when it hits the rocker arm, but I'm not certain. I didn't change anything when replacing the gaskets though. I just set them aside. I will mention, the spark advancer (I believe that's what it is called) is STUCK (short of putting the camshaft in a vice, i have given up trying to budge it). Would that cause the head cover to lift though?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts