Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
:eek: 30 grand!

I think a that price it's a non-starter.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
$30 grand and to have to ride in the crunched humped over position will never see me on one. It has to be for the young rich upstarters:devil:. Who ever they are. Might be one or two out there. But if they want that thing to sell, the price has to come down. Even at $15 grand I'd have trouble justifying it, plus I'd have to change the ride position and saddle which would cost another $2 grand.

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
There are plenty of 4 and to 500 cc bikes about, that are reasonably priced and get excellent fuel economy.
We have quite a few electric scooters on my Island. Folks often use them to get to the ferry, with maybe a short trip on the other side.
If I take my cage van o the ferry, I need to sit in the line up for about 45 minutes. Otherwise I may not get on. Doing just that tomorrow.
Footsies, bicycles, scooters and motorcycles, are first on and off. No waiting. The rain and cold is the deterrent. One old guy on the Island has a four wheel light weight electric vehicle, with narrow tires. It is enclosed enough to drive in the rain. Forgot above. We also have lots of electric powered bicycles and tricycles. There is one steep hill on the Island, but it can be avoided by most.

I can not see a $30,000 E bike as part of the solution, whatever the problem was. Motorcycles and the list above are solutions IMO, if the problem is pollution.

UK

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
Not for ME ! As it is people are always saying,"I didn't see him." Now they won't hear him either.
At least when I'm in the cage I keep an ear out for bikes. I tried to hit on where you could hear
this bike but that did not work out too well, not at all really. Maybe I'm too old school, I want a
motorcycle to sound like a motorcycle not some wussy-ass high performance sewing machine
like my wide glide did b4 I had it stage 1'd.

I think if it ever came to be that all gas bikes were illegal, I'd get out of biking and put more into
playing piano or as a telegrapher for the civil war re-enactment.

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
Not for ME ! As it is people are always saying,"I didn't see him." Now they won't hear him either.
At least when I'm in the cage I keep an ear out for bikes. I tried to hit on where you could hear
this bike but that did not work out too well, not at all really. Maybe I'm too old school, I want a
motorcycle to sound like a motorcycle not some wussy-ass high performance sewing machine
like my wide glide did b4 I had it stage 1'd.

I think if it ever came to be that all gas bikes were illegal, I'd get out of biking and put more into
playing piano or as a telegrapher for the civil war re-enactment.
How do you avoid bicycles?

UK

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'll pass!
Maybe it's me but I think it's hideous!
110 miles is just not going to cut it.
I think they have a bit more homework to do but I have been wrong before I guess we will see.
Some people will buy anything just for the name :(

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, I think it's neat. The Zero is nice, too, but it won't have the solid company behind it that the HD does. This is the early adopter phase. Remember when a VCR cost $800? This is that VCR. This product is bound to trigger competition in the marketplace and to help mainstream an expectation that electric should be viable.

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
Hello DGS65,
YUP sometimes a 110 miles was like a third of the mileage for a day, give me a bike I can gas up
at around 200 miles an keep rolling!

I think our unkle Krusty just proved a good point, No one hears a bicycle, that is probably why
Krusty doesn't do well on a bike, no one sees him and sure as sh*()_+% no one hears him either.

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
Hello DGS65,
YUP sometimes a 110 miles was like a third of the mileage for a day, give me a bike I can gas up
at around 200 miles an keep rolling!

I think our unkle Krusty just proved a good point, No one hears a bicycle, that is probably why
Krusty doesn't do well on a bike, no one sees him and sure as sh*()_+% no one hears him either.
One day I got rear ended by another bicycle. Usually at a red light, the bicycles just turn right without stopping or looking left. The rules are you must obey the road code, the same as a cage. So I stopped at the red light and looked left. All the while I hear oh sheet waaaah screech and crash. Bicycle behind did not expect me to stop.
Had another one change lanes without looking. I was right next to him.
One good crash was my own fault. I was cross eyed and could not negotiate a simple curve. went wide and hit the curb and crashed. There were a few when the road had ice on it. I do not count those. Darn things are dangerous. Much safer to ride on the foot path. ( side walk )

UK

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
30,000 and 110 Miles Running Range at best and normal charging takes 8 hours .. Would take me over a week to ride to my sons in Arkansas.. Motels and Campgrounds should love this though .. Just trailer it and Ride it where you trailer to but just remember don't go over 50 miles so you can get back and charge it for the night .. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts