Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
A bit more information would be helpful, but to start make sure you have a good battery and give your breaker points a cleaning and tune up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit more information would be helpful, but to start make sure you have a good battery and give your breaker points a cleaning and tune up.
I had my batt charge it reads 5.5 on multi meander , part store said it was bad wouldn't take any more charge. But bike dosnt have cdi and supposed start with or without batt. Can you tell me what the continually is in the coil,one came on bike read 1.5 ohms had one here on scooter had two connection instead one but it reads 4.5 internet said most supposed read between 3 and 4 I got one off friend junk bike one connection like mine it reads 1.5 so I don't know and were would other connection lead wire in at? One goes to coil and points back down to stator.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

·
Ace Tuner
2,194 Posts
It's been a long time since I've dealt with that age of bike but I'm thinking....

If it does not have a CDI system then it would have a battery powered point ignition system.
If my memory is correct, and you actually do not have a CDI system, a battery is needed to run the battery powered ignition system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts