Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently riding a 1998 shadow ace 750 as my daily that I got in May for $1900. I had some problems sat in a shop for almost 4 damn months and made the mistake of paying almost $700 the first two weeks to get back an Incomplete job and new oil leak so took to another shop dropped about $400. The mechanic said if I wanted to fix this up I’d be “nickel and diming” myselfbroke but said to get my moneys worth and ride for a little then put for sale while I ride. Besides all that, most of my commute is on the highway and I feel like I need to upgrade. I’m about 5’10 200lbs and topping out at 80mph. I’d also like to do some short trips as well. Also live in Cali where lane splitting really helps cut back on an eta during traffic hours.

Basically I want to sell and use just about a budget of 2500ish range which puts me around I’d say mid90’s- early2000’s year range. Which metric cruisers would you guys recommend?

·
Biker
1,624 Posts
I think you might want to check out the SuzukiM90 a good looking bike with some real beef.
Rode the M50 and liked it but felt the M90 would be a better choice for a guy around 190 lbs's
at 5foot 7.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I really like my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom. I'm 5' 9" and 220# and it's got all the power I need. I think the riding position is quite comfortable. It will top out well over 80 mph. I've seen 2006 versions in your price range.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts