Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently acquired a wonderful Nighthawk, and am considering putting something - windshield or fairing - on it to stop some of the bugs.... I'd like to go with something other than a generic windshield (though $ is a major factor), but all the small fairings I'm seeing are set up for round headlights, and the Nighthawk has a rectangular headlight. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
Well, you could replace the headlight with a round one, and then go with a Memphis Shades Malibu windshield, which I managed to mount to my V-Max.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you could replace the headlight with a round one, and then go with a Memphis Shades Malibu windshield, which I managed to mount to my V-Max.

Good idea, thanks for the suggestion! Your Yamaha is beautiful.

I see you're in Waterville. Back in '74, 3 days after my 18th birthday, I loaded up my Honda CB450 & rode north, looking for America. I got as far as Unity, ME, and stopped. Found a place to live, and went to work for the Harris Baking Company in Waterville, loading trucks. Good memories. Winter eventually began banging on the door and, as the bike was my only transportation, I headed south again. Wonderful riding in the summer, though! I miss the blue berries....

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
Was that Harris Baking Co. on Kennedy Memorial Drive? (the big road heading to Oakland) I'm certain that there have been a lot of changes to the city in the past 41 years.

And thank you for the compliments on my bike. It is a work in progress. Slowly turning it into a touring bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was that Harris Baking Co. on Kennedy Memorial Drive? (the big road heading to Oakland) I'm certain that there have been a lot of changes to the city in the past 41 years.

And thank you for the compliments on my bike. It is a work in progress. Slowly turning it into a touring bike.
I honestly don't remember the address (41 years ago!), but I expect it's the same one. I remember that they packaged Roman Meal bread there, along with donuts....

·
Registered
4,168 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
I put a QuickSilver fairing just like this one on a 83 Honda Hawk. You just have to "make it work" by changing a little mounting points. Was not difficult at all. I think the one I got said it was for some 500 size Honda but I'm not sure if it was a one size fits all or not. Just too many years ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put a Rifle 'Nightflight' on my '85 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC.

Was not an easy install. Grinding, shaving, coercing, cajoling, etc. Looks decent, I think, in the end. :biggrin:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After looking at it from all angles, I've scrapped the fairing idea, and am just going with a generic windshield. There are just too many variables, far too much potential cost and headaches to undertake such a project.

My thanks to all for helping me make an informed decision!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts