Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Nah, I don't see the beauty in that bike. I mean come on, its got rags tied around the fork tubes to soak up the oil from the leaking seals.

Reactions: Porky

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree. Rat-Rod technology applied to an old motorcycle. Some think it cool to leave their auto/bike in as is condition thereby thinking the money they save not making the bike or cage look attractive is trend-setting or just wanting to be seen as one of the new style of **** promoted as motorcycle cool. Rust, deteriorating paint, nicks, dents, scratches and leaking seals were never my idea of custom cool.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess. Looks fun to ride but I would already be missing the seat on my motorcycle. Been a long time since a metal tractor seat didn't bother me. I was 6 years old then when my dad taught me to drive it, that seat doesn't look much better. :sad:

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I like it. Looks like some of the bikes I owned many years ago, except they were Japanese. It looks like one I'd ride down a dirt road to grandpa's place, then down through the pasture to the old pond where I could catch blue gill or catfish.

Haven't seen that pond in...probably more than 40 years, wonder if it's still there? Bikes like that bring back some good memories to me.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Not my idea of Beauty .. Only witch it reminds me of is the Wicked Witch of the West ..

Not Sure what age it is but have seen 50 Year old Harley's that look much better even though original .. Don't think my 15 year old HD Looks that Bad ..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Not my idea of Beauty .. Only witch it reminds me of is the Wicked Witch of the West ..

Not Sure what age it is but have seen 50 Year old Harley's that look much better even though original .. Don't think my 15 year old HD Looks that Bad ..
Agreed, you're Harley looks great.

Hey, is that my belt holding the battery in place.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Sorry, I somehow replied to the wrong thread . I meant for this post to go into the What Did You Do With Your Bike Today thread. I have no idea how I did this, damn, has to be an age thing.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wonder how much that contrived look cost – now if it was an Ironhead kicker with chain drive and drum brakes it might look closer, but Allen/socket head primary bolts and an affected harness strap holding on the weenie-button required battery (run a magneto would be better); nope, don’t think so… oh well, at least it has a carb…

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
Distressed look, café resto's and rat rods, meh. Another fad I can take or leave. Now if it was a 60 year old bike that had earned it's scars, that would be another story.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thanks for moving it Hog,

Back to witch bike. I had one years ago, but it didn't quite look that rough. It didn't cost much to buy, but it cost a lot to keep it going. I was always replacing a part that broke or wore out, always had electrical issues and it had oil leaks that wasn't worth spending the time or money fixing. The final straw for me was a leaking fuel petcock. When I got rid of the bike, I could barely give it away for free. I think I got $100 buck for it as a parts bike, and I was glad to see it go.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had one years ago, but it didn't quite look that rough. It didn't cost much to buy, but it cost a lot to keep it going. I was always replacing a part that broke or wore out... When I got rid of the bike, I could barely give it away for free...
Yep, I think many had those types – my kid brother and I had an `37 EL we paid $75 for back in the 60s – we rode it for about a year (adding parts and bailing wire) and when we couldn’t make it run any more, left it in a ditch in eastern Montana – 50—something years later, would I like to have it back, you bet…

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I'm down for rough looking cars and bikes if those are the scars it's earned over its life. Those machines usually have stories to tell.

The fake "distressed" look? Pass.

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
That "distressed" look tells me that the owner is too lazy or cheap to make it look good.
So he makes it look like **** and pretends that it's cool.

P.S. GatorJoe, your blue one looks really nice!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Sounds like no one on here has ever broke a throttle cable, couldn't get a new one so the front brake cable was converted to a throttle cable. Full throttle was front brake handle all the way to the grip!

No, I didn't do that, but I know who did it one a 125 Benelli. I rode that bike, once. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts