·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,726 Posts
Only one has challenged me.

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,726 Posts
OMG you're feeling threatened.......so you making new unwritten rules
If you are addressing me, read the rules of the site.

·
Nightfly
4,537 Posts
When a Harley needs a top end rebuild, which is normally all they need @ 80,000 miles or so, just remove the head bolts, heads and cylinders, Hone or Bore the cycl's, new rings and pistons, if needed and you are back on the road, Change an air cleaner in 15 minutes tops and no valve adjustments---ever. New cylinders with matching pistons, slip right inside the Case.1800 GW engines require valve adjustments. Their cylinders are integral to the Crankcase, The entire engine has to be removed to bore cylinders out for new pistons.

Potato-potato-potato sounds better than Suki yaki-suki yaki-suki yaki.

Love those Goldwing tat's there Kamakazi. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sam
Thanks for letting a few people in on the secret. I love it. . ..

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,880 Posts
Lasted longer than I thought he would especially after the airbag thread.

Reactions: Porky

·
Nightfly
4,537 Posts
I've got 2 Harleys and don't care what they think of them......but this sure brought out the haters

My daddy said they always compare to the best and the best is always the most hated
You are so right anybike. I choose to ride my Harley not because I think it is the best, but it is the best for me. It fits me and fits my style of riding. I love being told it's heavy, slow and leaks oil and has lots of problems, I just laugh, nod knowingly and walk away. Yeah my Harley is not the norm and I don't ride like the normal Harley rider, whatever that is. Most haters are stuck in the poisonous mental prison of jealousy. I don't remember to whom this quote should be attributed but it's good to remember it. "Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
You are so right anybike. I choose to ride my Harley not because I think it is the best, but it is the best for me. It fits me and fits my style of riding. I love being told it's heavy, slow and leaks oil and has lots of problems, I just laugh, nod knowingly and walk away. Yeah my Harley is not the norm and I don't ride like the normal Harley rider, whatever that is. Most haters are stuck in the poisonous mental prison of jealousy. I don't remember to whom this quote should be attributed but it's good to remember it. "Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
and there are no amount of facts that will ever change their mind

created not carried
Oops carried is correct, however I don't understand carried

Ziad K. Abdelnour

·
Nightfly
4,537 Posts
and there are no amount of facts that will ever change their mind

created not carried
Oops carried is correct, however I don't understand carried

Ziad K. Abdelnour
You can try substituting the word 'borne' in place of carried. It's the past participle of the verb bear, which can mean "to contain" or "to give birth to." But as you said, carried is the preferred word.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts