Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I've got 2 Harleys and don't care what they think of them......but this sure brought out the haters

My daddy said they always compare to the best and the best is always the most hated

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Not going to say my bike has never been parked in front of a bar, I bought it used, but it has never been parked in front of a bar since I bought it.
My Honda got kicked over in the parking lot of a bar once, short fat guy wearing a Harley uniform said he did it, he didn't bother my BMW, or even more likely it was too heavy on the centre stand for him to knock it over. :LOL: I hold no grudge against H-D riders in general for him claiming it was a Harley only parking lot, he was just another drunk.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Did I ever tell you about the time a bunch of the boys ran me off the road when I was riding my enduro bike :LOL: felt real bad about having to pass them on the gravel shoulder, but my turn was coming up fast and I didn't want to miss it.

So many good times, wish I could do it all again.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Not going to say my bike has never been parked in front of a bar, I bought it used, but it has never been parked in front of a bar since I bought it.
None of my bikes have been parked in front of a bar....and since 95 they haven't been ridden drunk

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Riding drunk is just something I have never done. Even in my younger and dumber days (younger days a lot further back than the dumber days) there was riding time and drinking time. Never mixed them and never wrecked because I was drunk.

(Well, on a motorcycle.)

·
8,805 Posts
When a Harley needs a top end rebuild, which is normally all they need @ 80,000 miles or so, just remove the head bolts, heads and cylinders, Hone or Bore the cycl's, new rings and pistons, if needed and you are back on the road, Change an air cleaner in 15 minutes tops and no valve adjustments---ever. New cylinders with matching pistons, slip right inside the Case.1800 GW engines require valve adjustments. Their cylinders are integral to the Crankcase, The entire engine has to be removed to bore cylinders out for new pistons.

Potato-potato-potato sounds better than Suki yaki-suki yaki-suki yaki.

Love those Goldwing tat's there Kamakazi. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sam

·
Banned
513 Posts
I think that's the reason you see more Harleys is because they are so easy to work on. It really is hard to screw up a Harley engine. I had a shoveled in my chopper for a while. It ran fine but I saw the S&S Panhead and had to have one. It been in there ever since.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Primary chain tensioner too, they run those, cheaper then gears, or at least they seem to think so.

I hold great hope for their electrics myself, I hope they can make those work and sell so many of them they become cheap.

·
Banned
513 Posts
Primary chain tensioner too, they run those, cheaper then gears, or at least they seem to think so.
I used to run a open primary chain up front but switched to a belt several years later. Never used a primary chain tensioner either.
The only reason I swapped it was it was ruining all my jeans. With an open primary, a primary chain takes a lot of lube or it will wear out in no time. But I never messed with a compensator or a tensioner and don't know any one who did on a open primary bike.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sounds a lot like some farm equipment I worked on.
Had all these open chains and hooks on some of them, not sure what you call it

21 - 40 of 50 Posts