Motorcycle Forum banner

381 - 400 of 403 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,844 Posts
Nice bikes, the last one is the backwards bike isn't it? Brake on the left, gears on the right. Friend of mine had one in the 60's

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I like that dark blue color in the first photo. I've had the chance to sit on a seat like what's on that bike, but never got to ride on one. How's it feel after a hundred miles or so? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I should probably put this in the What Did You Do With Your Bike Today thread, but it may fit here just as well. When I first started looking at Harleys last year, I was interested in the touring models like the Road King, Electra Glide, Street Glide etc. Then I rode and then bought a 2012 Super Glide.

Bought the Super Glide added a few options to make it "mine" and enjoyed riding it. I liked the Super Glide but I couldn't stop looking at those touring bikes. So yesterday I traded off my Super Glide for a 2010 Electra Glide Limited. I know, I went back a couple years and this Limited has 31,000 miles compared to the 15,000 on my Super Glide, but I gained a lot with the Limited too.

Here's a couple photos.

Oh, its merlot and merlot cherry red or something like that.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
And you got one of the better year bikes too as far as I'm concerned. Second year of the new frame so they were still tweaking to improve it some. Good looking bike you got there. Looks like the previous owner took good care of it.(y)

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
12,844 Posts
I was close, I thought Merlot and Black Cherry. Good looking bike. Enjoy

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I wish the previous owner would have left the owners manual with it. I figured out the cruise control and a little bit of the radio. I was going to try and set the time on the clock, but I didn't know what time it was. You got to know what time it is before you set the time on a clock. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I haven't rode it a whole lot yet, but it rides real smooth. Engine is supposed to be all stock but it has a couple Vance and Hines slipons on the pipes. It sounds good but not real loud, but I'm half deaf so its probably louder than I think it is.

I'm still trying to get used to the weight. I almost dropped it in the driveway yesterday. I just hope I got a good one. :)

·
12,844 Posts
If it goes from black to red in the light then it is probably black cherry.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
My second photo was in bright sunlight and it shows the kind of brownish color, the first was towards sundown and it may have been overcast by then, looks almost black.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
No matter the color (s) it is a good looking bike.
I looked a few years ago into getting one but I just couldn't bring myself into giving up mine.
How do you get gas in yours?

381 - 400 of 403 Posts