Motorcycle Forum banner

361 - 380 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Daughter showed me how to post photos so now I get to post a picture of my Harley in this thread. It is a 2012 Super Glide Custom in Harley orange and tequila sunrise. In this photo I had just recently returned from a ride out to Utah and I just replaced the rear tire.
It has a Mustang touring seat on it right now and a sissy bar I bought just for the trip. My other sissy bar was just too short to strap a sleeping bag, tent, cooler, etc. on to.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
And the other side. Was thinking of putting the factory seat back on it and my short, padded sissy bar, but a friend is talking about an overnight ride down to Mt. Petit Jean. (Not sure of that spelling).

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
Good looking bike. You got reason to be proud.👍

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Thank you both. I didn't start out looking for an orange bike but when you buy used you take it or leave it. (It's how I ended up with a green truck too). :):):)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,844 Posts
Sweet. Bet that orange looks alot better than the green.

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Going to ride to Mt. Petit Jean next week. Just going to be an overnighter, so I'll leave the seat and sissy bar on until I get back. By the time I get back, it will be near oil change time again. Seems like I just got through doing that. :)

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
By the time I get back, it will be near oil change time again. Seems like I just got through doing that.
When you ride it does seem like that. And tires. Seemed like I just changed tires many times when I commuted.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Got a new filter and oil today, so as long as I get it done this weekend, I'm good to go.

After I got the new tire mounted, on my test ride to make sure everything is okay, I knew something was wrong, didn't know what but something was wrong. Today I got on a road that was recently repaved, real nice and smooth with a 25 MPH speed limit. I lifted my face shield and was listening real close trying to hear where was that annoying noise coming from.
Then I found it. My gas cap has started rattling. It's not so annoying now that I know where it's coming from now, but it picked a heck of a time to start rattling.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Yeah, I hate when that happens. It's really irritating to hear something and "I just know what it is", fix it, and it was something else.

Its finally sinking in to my own head that I can't hear that well, get a second opinion. So I'm not making that mistake as often as I used to. (But I'm still breathing so I don't doubt it will happen again.)

·
Registered
970 Posts
And the other side. Was thinking of putting the factory seat back on it and my short, padded sissy bar, but a friend is talking about an overnight ride down to Mt. Petit Jean. (Not sure of that spelling).
Love that color, very sharp looking FXDC. I have one too, 09, different color. How is that bottle holder mounted, I need one.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Thanks Zebraranger, its just a cup holder in black plastic. Its made by Barefoot Willy's, I got it off Amazon (I think). I've had it about 4 or 5 years now. The handlebar clamp will rotate, so anywhere you've got room, so you can mount the cup holder level.
I've seen your FXDC from pictures you posted on your trip to, ah...Smoky Mountains, maybe? Anyhow, after I saw your bike, I remember thinking how good it looked and I wanted one of those mustache bars for mine.
I wasn't able to keep my bike as clean on my trip, as you did on your trip. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thanks, I definitely got to get a cup holder like that. I do remember now that you mention it. Was it you who commented on the crash bars, or how clean I kept the bike on that trip? Those mustache crash bars do look good on the Dyna's compared to the traditional oval ones.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Yeah, it was me. I said something about how your bike looked so clean in every photo you posted. I don't know if I commented on the highway bar, but I remember wanting one after seeing it on your bike.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Here's another photo of my bike loaded down at the Arizona/New Mexico border. On my seat is my tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, coat and a small cooler (and my phone case).

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
If I needed to carry any more "stuff", I would have to get a taller sissy bar. :LOL:

It did make a good backrest packed that way.

361 - 380 of 403 Posts