Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HD made it official today on the two new models set for release for 2021. I think that they're heading in the right direction with bikes like these. These should do a lot more for attracting a younger ridership to replace the older ones who's slowly going away. Hopefully they'll get the pricing right and not have a price point like the Livewire.

LINK: https://www.rideapart.com/articles/380550/harley-davidson-panamerica-bronx-revolution-max/

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Reactions: vistavette

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,453 Posts
I was hoping for more specific details on them...and maybe a more immediate release. The Bronx is something I may consider...depending on the price and nitty gritty specs

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping for more specific details on them...and maybe a more immediate release. The Bronx is something I may consider...depending on the price and nitty gritty specs

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I found the following information on the Ultimatemotorcycle.com site.
:These two models are built with a 60-degree V-twin. Though the Revolution Max is totally new, the 60-degree design is not. Harley used a 60-degree design for its 2001-2017 Harley-Davidson V-Rod VRSC models.
The reason for the design is to provide space for dual down-draft throttle bodies, which help maximize airflow and increase performance.

These Revolution Max engines produce some serious power:
1250cc: More than 145 horsepower and more than 90 ft/lbs of torque
975cc: More than 115 horsepower and more than 70 ft/lbs of torque

I tried to post a link, but it wont let me.

…………………………………………………………….

Reactions: vistavette

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
HD made it official today on the two new models set for release for 2021. I think that they're heading in the right direction with bikes like these. These should do a lot more for attracting a younger ridership to replace the older ones who's slowly going away. Hopefully they'll get the pricing right and not have a price point like the Livewire.

LINK: https://www.rideapart.com/articles/380550/harley-davidson-panamerica-bronx-revolution-max/

I think it's a positive step, and it doesn't matter if we old heads think it's a cool looking bike, but hopefully the younger generation will be attracted to them. Price will be a huge deal and if they over price them like the LiveWire then they can forget it..

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Given a better price than the LiveWire, either of those are hot hot hot contenders for my first ever new bike! Oh my! :D

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,119 Posts
The Indian forums that I am a member of as well as FB Indian Forums are already saying that HD copied their Challenger engine with these new bikes! Cry-cry and cry:surprise:

When I bought my new 2018 Indian Scout, I asked the head Salesman if there was really rivalry between Indian and HD owner's and he smiled and said that it was all in fun:grin: I found out since then that some, not all Indian 'Tribe member's,' would hit a Harley owner on their head with their Tomahawk, if no one was looking--seriously:surprise:

I laughed when I first saw a real picture of the new Indian Challenger and superimposed it over an Electra Glide and they looked 99% alike, except for the Victory 108 engine.:smile_big: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess:grin:

These new designs look great to me but my next bike will be________:smile_big:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
432 Posts
The Indian forums that I am a member of as well as FB Indian Forums are already saying that HD copied their Challenger engine with these new bikes...

Besides the street market HD has to be smarting from the pounding that Indian has given them in AFT for the past little but -- other than the production-twins, HD needs an engine (base) comparative with Indian (in what used to be called the Expert class) and the old XLCH derived powerplant was long overdue to be upgrade/replaced/whatever... It is clear that HD needs to sell on the street, but if they hope to sell performance, it has to be there... if Indian is good, may as well copy (now, who is the clone... ???)

On the otherhand HD has reached out before (not all that successfully); I recall the FXRT which arguably was the first sport-touring bike and preceded both BMW and Kawasaki by 3-5 years, so the DNA to jump forward is there if they reach back a bit...

·
Registered
4 Posts

As an adventure rider the Pan America looks interesting, not sure about the nose, difficult to tell from the pictures

Also depends to some extent on the weight, if its 250KG or below then thumbs up

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Hey Porky, my Indian is the best Harley I ever owned. Yes, that ticks off my Harley buddies big time. But I've helped them get theirs to the dealer to fix problems which they hate but appreciate. Remove the darn names and forget about it. It's a bike, ride it and enjoy it. Simple as that. But a little ribbing is fun.:smile:

Reactions: Porky

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
The Bronx?
Why would anyone name a bike after a place that most people wouldn't even want to visit?
The name brings to mind an overcrowded slum.
Maybe they should name their next one the "Camden New Jersey" or the "Downtown Detroit".
:devil::devil::devil:

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
There is a certain connotation the word Bronx brings to mind. Tough neighborhood, dangerous, even though Brooklyn is more dangerous it is the Bronx that carries that distinction more thoroughly.

If a motorcycle can pull that off then it gives it some panache. It's bad-ass.. But I could be full of ****, who knows...

·
Visionary
5,245 Posts
I like the Bronx name, it’s perfect for a street fighter type bike. It really should be “The Bronx” though. Ask anyone from NYC to explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
I like the Bronx name, it’s perfect for a street fighter type bike. It really should be “The Bronx” though. Ask anyone from NYC to explain it.

No idea as to the thinking of Harley for naming one of the new bikes Bronx. But I think putting the word The in front of Bronx would not be correct. The Bronx is the only borough with an article in its name, the Bronx. Back in the day they looked right in the middle of a map and there is the Bronx River, so they named it after the river, The Borough of the Bronx. That's why it's called THE Bronx and not just plain Bronx.

·
Resident of Munchkin Land
229 Posts

Agreed about pricing. I think "The Bronx" (not a fan of the name but whatever) looks better than the other bikes in that segment but it doesn't look good enough for me to spend an extra $5K or whatever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts