Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,885 Posts
Wrecking crew

Might be fun to watch a bunch of guys go slow and crash their Harleys.
Heavy bikes and dirt do not mix.
If you Google something like 1982worldspeedwayfinal you will see how it is really done.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see no reason to cry about it.

Looks like everyone there enjoyed it and the riders had some fun, even the ones that crashed.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Awesome!

Check out AMA Flat Track for what HD is doing in the dirt.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And they have been doing it for years!

I went to races in Springfield many times in the 90's, they were fun to watch.

Still looks fun -

·
Premium Member
7,885 Posts
Dirt

No question the XR750 goes well at flat track. A study of the rules over the years will also show how they looked good against the competition.
The video posted tho was of a short track, and that is where the speedway bikes rain supreme. There has been a US world champion speedway rider. Speedway shows side way riding at its best. The bigger tracks are also cool.
I also agree it was a bunch of folks having fun. BUT, for me, it would be a waste of time. I have gone sideways on ice BTW.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Looks fun! I would love to see some stock/amateur flat track racing around here.. though personally I think I would wear a bit more gear than some of those folks.

·
7,784 Posts
I loved it! It proved a couple of things: Helmets save lives as everyone's head hit the ground first! Loud pipes do save lives cause you can hear that 700lb, ape hangered sled really comin' at you from a long way off.;)

The ol' guy that won, on his Sportster obviously had some 'flat track time' under his belt as did the 2nd place guy on the Buell.:)

Not to be sexist but what the heck was the ah-person doing on that Buell blast and slowing everybody down that was worried about hitting her---not hitting on her:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts