Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MILWAUKEE, Feb. 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Harley-Davidson, Inc. (“Harley-Davidson”) (NYSE:HOG) today announced that Matthew Levatich has stepped down as President and CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors has appointed current Board member Jochen Zeitz as Acting President and CEO. A committee of the Board will be formed, and the Company will utilize an external search firm to undertake a search for a new CEO, and a further announcement will be made at a later date. Levatich will assist with the transition through the end of March.

Read more here

·
Registered
432 Posts

"Time is running out... Harley made $423 million in net income last year, down from $531 million in 2018, a worrying number because the economy was so strong. Still, a profit is a profit, though Harley will want to reshape its business while it still is making profits. Its next permanent CEO has their work cut out for them."

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, after they make a few million to fatten their bank accounts you see them bring in another regularly. This will surely be fodder for the haters though.:( :( :(

Reactions: Porky

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,333 Posts
You are right Larry! I haven't been on my Indian forum lately but I bet they are having a 'pity party!'

As a RadioShack independent Franchise owner for 14 years, I saw maybe 5 CEO's come and go, all with their multi-million dollar signing contracts with million dollar exit clauses!

The really funny CEO that I remember that RS corporate hired had no electronics experience but was a top McDonalds Restaurant co-CEO that her claim to fame was she greatly increased Mickydees bottom line by 'inventing' the McRib sandwich and their 'single salad servings!' She lasted a couple of years and got her millions too.:ROFLMAO:

May we always live in interesting times!

Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts