Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
474 Posts
Steel toe boots are the worst decision ever ... Many riders lose toes , and feet parts with them .. ,.,,.. They don't give , and break bones , just behind where they don't bend ....

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
474 Posts
When things go wrong foot gear needs to protect more than just the ankle. With 28 bones, 33 joints, 100 tendons, along with the ligaments and muscles they are far more complicated to repair. You should have substantial protection from the calf down including the tipping toe.
Hand Cloud Tints and shades Font Darkness
Hand Cloud Water Sky Gas
Hand Cloud Tints and shades Font Darkness

Hand Cloud Water Sky Gas

Here's the proof , you need protection

·
Registered
474 Posts
It appears that someone decided it would be clever to kick a metal porcupine.
No , It was a triple gone wrong . Bike landed on foot .. Put me up , well , down for 3 yrs. Before walking with walker , 10 yrs. Between crash and riding again . Tough times .

·
Registered
474 Posts
Right. I want my foot to bend inside my shoe when it hits a solid object. I want my toes to bend when they hit a solid object. Try hitting your toes with a hammer. Now try that again with a steel toe riding boot. You were saying?
You obviously have never seen a mangled foot from a steel toe accident .., the boot bends , the steel toe does not .. Breaking the foot behind toes .. Google it ....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ouch! I hope you got some good pain killers.
I don't take any kind of drugs ...., Wife told doctor , don't waste your time writing prescriptions , He won't take it .... found pills about a year later , tossed rhem ...

·
Registered
474 Posts
No, worse yet , tennis shoes . Kid was practicing , could'nt get that jump . I said , let me try , you take a rest . No drugs or alcohol involved ..... Steel toe experiance happened years later .. A friend lost 3 toes when he crashed his hardley ... other friend just broke foot in his crash .... yep , steel toe boots .. Wear them if you want , don't come crying later .......

·
Registered
474 Posts
Try on a pair , then get your foot in a bind . Boot folds , steel cap does not .. Not that hard to imagine once it happens ...

·
Registered
474 Posts
I doubt we'll ever know . Most intelligent people have proper footwear . I worked oilfield for many years , Just did'nt ever think about it , Until my buddy lost his toes ...,

·
Registered
474 Posts
We as of the last year have to wear hard toe boots at work, even management has to wear them , steel or composite, so I ride in them to and from work too, mine are composite . I see your point, the insert could do damage in some kind of incident but it could help too, you just never know.
We did have a hard toe boot save someone’s foot the other day at work, he dropped a couple hundred pound piece of steel and it landed on his foot, corner down. It slightly penetrated the insert and he had a very minor toenail injury, without the Hard toe I feel confident it would have cut off his toes. He was lucky it didn’t hit behind the insert, that would have been bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure , everything that fell on my foot seemed th hit right behind insert . But they also have saved my toes ....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts