Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Ace Tuner
Back in the mid 1980's this was a common type of roadrace boot. Bates still sells them and now calls them classic. I believe the logic at the time was your boots should help keep broken bones in place as best as possible. After my last pair of street boots gave up I dig out my old Bates (now "classic") roadrace boots. After some re-conditioning I can ware them again.
Shoe Synthetic rubber Boot Work boots Fashion design

Apparently armor to help avoid broken bones is the new logic for boots now...

Sports gear Outdoor shoe Font Elbow pad Sports equipment

@HarleyHoney
We need to do the best we can to make sure and give the absolute best advice possible for you concerning your "leathers".
Lots more pics from virtually every angle are needed for us to accomplish this important task so.... 馃摳

S F

Ace Tuner
Doug Polen, a professional roadrace rider that sometimes came back to run with us in the CRRC (semi-pro club where he and other stars started out) crashed during a Pro race and I believe due to foot / chain / sprocket getting mixed together lost some part/s of his right foot. I think some of his outside toes but not sure. I am sure he was not wearing steel toe boots as I've never known a pro that did.
I would not be able to feel the shifter well enough or even get my foot under the shifter with steel toes.
I wonder what might happen if a guy got a foot caught in the chain / sprocket with steel in the toe? :eek:

S F

1 - 4 of 4 Posts