Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some HardStreet Classic Tour Bags for my Classic.

Bought from Amazon, $360 including tax, supposed to be completely unassembled. Got them today and they were partially poorly assembled, parts missing, obviously these were bought and returned by somebody that didn't have a clue, and Amazon didn't check the return.

Before calling Amazon I called HardStreet to make certain about things before calling Amazon. Telling the guy everything missing, including keys, he was surprised the J brackets were there but other mounting parts were not. He wrote down the list of missing parts including the lock number and said we'll get these out to you at no charge to you. I said thanks.

Then I called Amazon and told them how bad the order was and that HardStreet is taking care of it for them.

The bags, ready to be painted after I take them apart, are 22in wide, 12in tall, 9.5 inches deep, and they look small, nowhere near what my imagination saw, but they do measure correct. I held one up on the Classic and it will fit with plenty of room to spare, they will fit nicely on the Stryker, and since they are black I wouldn't even have to paint them........I might get another set.

I'll see how they are once my son(artist) paints the bags and I put them together and mount them on the bike. The original plan was for him to paint something cool on them, but since they look small we're just going with Candy Imperial Blue. I'll see if I can get some Vulcan tank emblems for them.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the pro builder custom saddlebag kit, $340 plus tax at Amazon.........however they may be returns that have been partially and poorly put together and missing parts. I'm sure buying from Hardstreet they come exactly as shown with all the parts, but pay $440.

Hardstreet was very good, I didn't expect them to supply the missing parts for Amazon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts