Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125 aprilia rs4, and lately ive had problems with the gearing. Sometimes you really have to give it a kick to for example shift down, and also somethimes it get stuck. It's really annoying. Ive heard that mabye my gear selector spring is broken, but im not sure. Anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,375 Posts
I have a 125 aprilia rs4, and lately ive had problems with the gearing. Sometimes you really have to give it a kick to for example shift down, and also somethimes it get stuck. It's really annoying. Ive heard that mabye my gear selector spring is broken, but im not sure. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Yes, selector springs, or your gears are mared up.

·
Visionary
5,136 Posts
Before you go any further, are you due for an oil change? Or did you change brands recently?
Oil can make a big difference in how a bike shifts.
How about the clutch, is it adjusted properly? That's critical too.
Start with the simple stuff.

Reactions: Maxpressure520

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
... Sometimes you really have to give it a kick to for example shift down, and also somethimes it get stuck....
If you stomp and kick that shifter hard, you are going to bend the shifter forks assuming you have not already done so. Nothing that can't be fixed if you pull the engine completely apart and straighten or replace them. Drain your transmission oil into a clear glass container and examine it closely for little tiny bits of brass like material, that is the tell.

Sure would have been handy for you if that bike had a cassette transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts