Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy to put together and good directions but like other comments the axle that supports the tire is not straight enough and one of the bearings on the balancer has too much friction. Returning also since there is an adapter for Honda that is no longer in stock so can't use product. Tried customer service several times but I always seem to be the 15th person in line so can't talk to. Harbor Freight is no help either.

Put tire with axle across two identical heavy duty storage containers, leveled, taped axles to box and balanced perfect. No friction.

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,166 Posts
Dynobeads is an option too.

True though your bearing in your wheel is what matters. I know there are many times I balanced nothing mounted and moved on. I knew the tires and knew they they ran out nicely.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Balance

I balanced the front but need to buy some weight in the back to balance. That said I should be fine since my top speed is 60 - maybe 75 mph. Thanks.

I had a flat in November before riding season ended and fixed the with a patch, no balance, reinstalled and lasted a few more weeks with no riding problems. Everything was replaced over the winter.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,838 Posts
Do you have spokes or cast wheels?

Spokes you can use fishing weights

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Balancing

The fishing weights worked great on the spokes. Used drill to make hole match spoke thickness and then using dremel to cut a side open. With a little hit of map gas opened side more, put on spoke, hit with map gas again to squeeze sides back together (cylindrical weight with existing hole)

Lead melts easily with Map so just a quick hit of flame.

Also as a safety note lead is a poison but mainly if ingested in some manner. Take appropriate precautions like make sure all lead from the drilling is cleaned so small kids do not ingest.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,838 Posts
:coffeescreen:

Man you are good for at least one a day

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
awe shucks........and all these years I used to think that licking the floor was COOL!! (lol)

-Soupy

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts
Oooo hell......
145 ain't fast.....
But that's all this bike will ever do....
downhill with a tail wind.....
I just can't Afford to insure a 10R....
Or i'd be opening up that......LOL.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
accordingly, when a product is faulty, they will replace it at least, refund it usually, If you used it, and put it together wrong, found it would not work if it was assembled wrong, then changed it, and then tried to return it because you don't need it anymore, they might argue that it is not broken. If you just want to return it for a refund, then quit looking for cohorts in crime...heh.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts