·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,838 Posts
Nice but don't change your day jop

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Nice Eye!! :)
Cant wait to see whats coming from you for 4th of July ( I know you are a Vet also!) Halloween,Thanksgiving and Christmas! I feel a new "Tradition" coming on here!
Ed

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
In the old days, they would say, "He is Risen," and the response would be "He is Risen INDEED!!"

"Happy Easter!!"

-Soupy

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying. "Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Easter has been cancelled!

Easter has been cancelled.

Workmen were digging up an underground powerline in old Jerusalem, near Golgotha, and they found the body.

I repeat, THEY FOUND THE BODY....

Just kidding of course. We ALL know that Easter is when Jesus (nowadays pronounced Hay-Zeus) comes out of his man-cave and if he sees his shadow....

WAIT A MINUTE, that's not right either....

Look, even as a Christian I'm not 100% sure I buy the resurrection story; at least not resurrection of the BODY....

But what I do know is resurrection of the soul, a mental, psychological, SPIRITUAL rebirth DOES occur for a lot of folks who embrace Christianity, usually (LIKE ME) having tried our entire lives to "do it MY way," and ending up worthless, broken individuals.

God wants and needs those broken people, to "resurrect" spiritually into people who love, people who care, people who serve others.... or at least ATTEMPT to do so...

so for me, THAT is what Easter is about, a renewal, a ressurection of hope in ourselves and in others, belief that bad can indeed be transformed into good, hate into love, selfishness into selflessness. Looking at my own pathetic life, I realize what a true miracle such a transformation really is.

It truly is turning death into life.

So for me Easter is NOT a celebration of the supposed re-animation of some Jewish carpenter of 2000 years ago, but something much more personal, something I share with a LOT of folks who graduated from the "Hard Knocks" School of Divinity.

So Happy Easter folks.

http://www.wadenelson.com/love.html

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,838 Posts
^^^^hard to swallow errrrrrrrr follow^^^^

Happy Easter all

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,210 Posts
Easter has been cancelled.

Workmen were digging up an underground powerline in old Jerusalem, near Golgotha, and they found the body.

I repeat, THEY FOUND THE BODY....
I lolled

Personally, I choose to not celebrate Easter. Reason is, WHY should we have one day of the year when we celebrate the gift of his Resurrection and Promise to us? Shouldn't we live EVERY DAY being thankful, celebrate his gift to us within our hearts and through how we live our lives?

Be thankful not on one particular Sunday of the year, or even every Sunday, but be thankful ALWAYS.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
....we celebrate the gift of his Resurrection and Promise to us
Dash, YOU and other believers are the hands and the feet, the mouth, (and frequently the wallet) of the risen Christ.

WE are the ones tasked to help and encourage others, to feed the poor, to nourish those hungry in body OR in spirit, and to assist the "least of these."

We are tasked to lead --- by serving.

Nowhere in the NT did Christ say "Go and construct a (church) building, in which ye may worship me on the Sabbath, ESPECIALLY on the day of my Ressurection --- and on my CAKE DAY!

Had he remained here in the flesh, where do you believe Jesus would be found on this glorious spring day? At the synagogue, perfecting the liturgy, or out in the street handing out ham sandwiches to the homeless?

or perhaps HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcQYVtZMo

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Had he remained here in the flesh, where do you believe Jesus would be found on this glorious spring day? At the synagogue, perfecting the liturgy, or out in the street handing out ham sandwiches to the homeless?
Believers still set aside a day of the week to worship and fellowship as per God's Word.

He(Jesus) went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day He went into the synagogue, as was his custom.
Luke 4:16

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25

And you are correct in that we should also be the hands and feet of Jesus, helping to feed the poor and taking care of the sick.

BOTH can and should be done.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
.. let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25
We are INDEED to encourage one another --- to good works!

My problem is with those who believe that dressing up in their Sunday finest and parking their azzes on the pews for a couple hours, throwing a Benjamin in the plate are gonna find redemption there.

(And then STIFFING the waitress at whatever place they all go to after service)

That's ATTENDANCE, not worship. (And a tax write-off)

Complete this sentence: "True worship is ______"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James 2:14

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
My problem is with those who believe that dressing up in their Sunday finest and parking their azzes on the pews for a couple hours, throwing a Benjamin in the plate are gonna find redemption there.

(And then STIFFING the waitress at whatever place they all go to after service)
Yeah, I used to get all worked about 'those folks' too, but I can't change them, can only pray for them. And I sure don't want to use them as an excuse to justify my own shortcomings.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts