Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Vetter's Hippo Hands sitting on the shelf that I never use. They are too heavy and it's very difficult to get your hands in and out of them.
(They were also fairly expensive!)
But I recently saw these and decided to risk $12.99.
http://www.banggood.com/Waterproof-Motorcycle-Winter-Warm-Protective-Thermal-Handle-Bar-Gloves-p-969942.html
Let me tell you, these are great!
First of all, they go on or off the bike in seconds with a velcro tab, and are very soft and compressible for storage in your tank bag or saddlebags.
I was concerned that they might not work on my Goldwing with a Crampbuster on the throttle. No problem! They fit perfectly!
I got to try them out for the first time a couple of days ago. The temperature was around 45 degrees, which usually means cold hands after a short time.
I was wearing only a thin pair of gloves. I didn't need more than that.
They are very easy to slide your hands in and out of if you need to itch your nose or adjust your helmet. They are so light, that after only a few minutes of use I forgot I had them on the bike.
They advertise that they are waterproof. I didn't get to try out that feature, thank God. But I was out riding for several hours in only thin gloves and my hands stayed toasty warm.
The side benefit is that they stop the wind from going up your jacket sleeves which adds a LOT to your warmth.

I just ordered five more pairs as late Christmas presents for my riding friends who are always complaining about cold hands.

Just my two cents worth.

·
Premium Member
8,944 Posts
Muffs

I have a set, put them on the XS400. Decided it took too long to get my hand in and out of them. You think I should try again.
Found it easier to wear cheap wool mittens inside my gloves, and for good measure the rain covers on the outside. Hands stay warm enough. I do have plastic guards in front of the levers, but they do not do much.

Unkle Krusty*

·
On The Road Again!
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Krusty, I found it difficult to use the original Hippo Hands.
But I find these very easy to use and easy to get my hands in and out of.
Are you sure that yours are the same as mine?
I'd try them again. Mine are keepers for sure.

·
On The Road Again!
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remember correctly, it took about 2 1/2 weeks to get them from China.
I think the shipping times from there are all over the map. I think everything being shipped goes into a container which doesn't go on a ship until it's full.
If you order something just before the container is full, you get it right away.
If they just started a new container, good luck pal. LOL!!
Also, at our end, last in, first out!
I just ordered five more sets for friends. I'm wondering how long it will be before I get 'em.

·
On The Road Again!
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No, I did not. They stay just fine the way they are. Due to the mild winter we had here, I've gotten plenty of use out of them and my report still stands.
I did make a couple of mods though.
The inner fuzzy lining would sometimes tangle in my fingertips up near the clutch lever. So, a needle and thread and a few stitches and I sewed the lining into the corners of the outer lining, near the tips of clutch and brake levers.
Otherwise, they're still great, especially for a measly thirteen bucks.
The coldest I've tried them at so far was 35 degrees....with NO gloves!
They worked fine for short rides of an hour or so. But for longer rides, I still
put on the lightweight gloves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts