Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an off the wall question.

I want to replace the ripping foam grips I have on my KZ1100. I see 100s of grips online for different bikes, and some that are "universal".

So what's the difference between the bike types? Aren't most grips interchangeable ? :confused: I pulled off my throttle grip and its just a round tube underneath. I would think that as long as the internal diameters were the same any grip would fit. Am I being stupid?

I ask because I found some awesome grips online I want for my bike, but they're "fitted" for a Harley. Although I could return them if I purchased them, not really up for the hassle / disappointment if they don't work.

-Jon

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
As long as the handlebar diameter is the same, most grips should work. Just to be extra safe, I'd compare the length of the grip as well as the handlebar diameter.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I went to the kawi dealer here and they had great grips for less than I found online and I knew they would fit.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
It's the throttle grip that can be a buggar - it has to fit that sleeve that rotates around the bar. Some folks (and I would be one) have to cut the end off so that the bar ends can attach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts