Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I could be crazy, dropped my Triumph 1200 XRX in the shop the other day moving it. It was a slow drop as I came close to saving it. ONLY visual damage was to the turn signal. When I took it out for a spin, IT APPEARED to me the handlebars were not in alignment with the front tire anymore, is that possible. I feel one side of the handlebar is back further than the other side. Looking at the handlebar factory risers/mounts, it appears they are not straight to the front tire either.

Am I crazy or is is possible knock the two out of alignment? If it was a serious accident or fall I would think I could have bent the handlebars, but I don't see how that would be possible as easy as it went down and the fact the riser appears out of alignment too.

Thanks
Triumphxrx

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Yes, it is possible; the forks can twist in the tree assembly, making both the bars and wheel out of alignment. Since you are unfamiliar with this, I recommend you take the bike to a reliable shop. With such a low-impact 'wreck', I doubt you bent the forks, so a simple re-alignment may be all that is needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts