Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Biker
1,826 Posts
2006 harley FLSTNI softail deluxe. front brake hand lever will activate tail light, rear brake pedal will not. what are my possible causes?
It may be similar to what a Sporty does, they have both front and rear brake switches off the same fuse,
one side of both switches fed by an orange wire, the load side of each sw is red and they come together
at a connector and connect to the brighter side of an 1157 type bulb. HD seems to use the same color scheme
thru the whole Sportster line such as a purple for L side dir. lites, brown for R side. In either case tho, the
switches are across each other.

·
Biker
1,826 Posts
2006 harley FLSTNI softail deluxe. front brake hand lever will activate tail light, rear brake pedal will not. what are my possible causes?
I think Unkle Krusty might mean to use an ohm meter to see if the rear switch is any good?
or Maybe he means have a san'which a bacon cheeze butty? then check sw with a continuity tester
either way the san'wich sounds like a smashing idea.

·
Biker
1,826 Posts
The switch that is activated by the rear brake pedal. That would be my first suspect.
Take it off and have a dekko. UK
I guess it is safe to say the brake itself is working and the switch is operated by pressure
in the brake line. I'd see if the sw. is good with ohm meter, if meter shows sw. is good
but stop like still does not work, check for voltage on each wire, black lead on frame red
on the wires, one should always be HOT 12v+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts