Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. There is lots of great info here about buying your first bike. Good luck to you.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Welcome from Daytona Beach.

Moni is in charge of the New Members and First Motorcycle sections, so feel free to PM her with any questions you may have about buying your first scoot.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
^^^ LOL

And Eye will be sure to rub in how warm it is in Florida and how he can ride in January...:D

·
Registered
623 Posts
And Eye will be sure to rub in how warm it is in Florida and how he can ride in January
I was in Florida once in July. It was the worst week of my life, 99°F and 99% humidity every day. I can't image that'd be very conducive to riding.

Sure, the riding season is shorter here in the frozen north, but that makes it all the more sweet when the bike finally comes out of the garage.

Oh, welcome too.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Yeah but Eye lives in Daytona and they usually get a good breeze off of the ocean. If you're in Orlando prepare to melt. :D

We used to go to the Nascar race every year in Daytona in July. Always got a beachfront efficiency room. One time we tried to go to Disney World and learned our lesson.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
MONI, how insensitive can you be? I visit my dad each year in the Orlando area and always have a good time. Of course I do not do that in the middle of summer. Nobody is that crazy. I visit him when it is almost too cool to ride at home, yes you and I have similar riding seasons. For me that means October or sometimes March for that trip.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You sure come to right place, lots of helpful threads and experts who are willing give a hand. Welcome and enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts