Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our FZ6R painted and hydro dipped, I think it came out awesome. The deal was I got to pick the graphics and my daughter would pick the color, have to admit when she said purple I cringed just a little bit. All I asked was if it's going to be purple lets go with a darker shade of purple.

Photos don't do it justice, the guy's that did this put a lot of work into it. I'm sure I'm leaving something out of the process but it's something like this. The purple is a candy so they put down a coat of either white or silver then the purple (Kush I think) then the hydrographics (see no evil) then in the clear coats mixed in a purple pearl and some kind of blueberry paint mix. As you walk by it in the sun the colors change slightly.

You can kind of see how deep the paint is in this pic, kind of.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Looks good, but I'm one of those fossils who puts skulls and flames on everything. You should do something like that to one of your Vic's.

·
8,613 Posts
That's beautiful my friend! Purple has always been the color of Royalty.

Your pictures make me want to be in Lake Havasu right now, enjoying the Colorado River instead of in Missouri enduring another day of rain:frown:

We looked at new homes there in 1999 at the south end of the city, in the hills and we fell in love with the architecture.

My Dad, during WW2, while recuperating from loosing part of a lung, at Cherbourg, France, on "D" day, told me he loved to stand on the London Bridge, whenever he could.

Flash forward to when the London Bridge was taken apart, piece by piece to be reassembled in Lake Havasu and my Uncle was part of the team of special heavy load, big rig drivers that brought the load in from Long Beach, CA.

My Dad's initials are carved on a rock, somewhere on the bridge.

Did you ever ride to Oatman, AZ? I've ridden there many times.

Again, that's a beautiful paint job.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We love it here. I'm from Louisiana my wife is from Arkansas, my job moved me out here we we're going to stay for 5 yrs then move back east, going on 7 yrs now don't know if we'll make it back :) We ride year round winter lows in the 30's the July and August are a bit tricky because of the heat, we just plan our rides from 4:30 AM to 10:00 AM that's plenty of time for a nice ride.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
These pics are from my daughters high school "graduation ride" just me and her, had a blast. You'll have to forgive me if I go overboard with pics.:)

My little criminal

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks gorgeous!! How much does something like that cost if I may ask?
I really don't know lol a lot I would think though. Kind of got the shop price, l know a whole lot of work went into it. It's a custom paint job with an extra step with the hydrographics, it was done with quality auto paint and clear coats so it's going to last. Next time I see the guys I'll ask. It was done by Dipps Custom Coatings in Lake Havasu City A.Z

·
8,613 Posts
Ever since I watched "Tales of the crypt" years ago, I've not cared to much for skulls although a few of my Harley dew rags has them on it.

I was gonna ask you what in the world 'hydro-dipped' was but then I saw your Daughter right above the river!!!!

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not on my computer so I can't post a link right now but just YouTube hydro dipped or water trancfer. Its pretty cool may not be right for every bike but sports bikes look cool, even seen some cruisers that pull it off well. You can buy diy kits but you couldn't do full fairings like ours. This was done in a large tank made for water trancfering and they have a paint booth. I couldn't have done anything like this in my garage.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Beautiful. It's always great to see a father and child out having fun together. Tell her congrats on the graduation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts