Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently bought a 1977 GT380, and it wasn't running great so I took
apart the carburetor and cleaned it.

I put the carb back in, but now I can't remember where all of the hoses went to. I have included a photograph.

The tube that is it question is the one that is coming from the left side of the petcock. There is one tube coming out of the right side that goes into the fuel filter and then into the carburetor, but it is the one coming out the opposite side that i don't know where it goes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bound4glory1884/6844619055

I had already tried to start my bike, and it ran and sounded great until I gave it any throttle and then it would instantly die. Upon examination I found a tube that was disconnected to the carb, so I fixed that but I want to verify this other tube is connected right before I move forward.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Since that petcock has a PRI position, it must be a vacuum operated type. The hose, therefore, must go to a vacuum source. If not the port where it is currently connected, the one above and behind it.

Have you tried running the bike with that setting? When it runs, is there a sucking sound coming from the port which is not connected?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts