Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all,

Just bought my Gixxer 2010 600 two weeks back from a dealer. The bike when displayed didnt seem to have such a problem after i had a ride with him. So i let the bike rest for two weeks as didnt got the chance to ride it and when i fired her up two days back it seemed as if the bike is struggling to start. checked the battery and it was 6 amp one so i got it replaced with a new Yousa 9 amp battery. Now the bike seemed to start fine the way it should and after i went for a ride the bike touched temps of 105 degree Centigrade and the fans turned on properly as they should etc, i stopped at an atm and came back in a minute to start it on again but the bike refused to !! Like the bike did had self and the fuel pump priming etc the way it should but didnt started !! i waited there like for 20 minutes and let it come to around 80 degrees and then it struggled a bit but finally turned on.

i got the Fuel pump opened and it was all clean and as per the Mechanic was giving out perfect output , he opened up the Starter motor and it had a lot of carbon and he cleaned it up as well. After doing that we started the bike and warmed it up till it reached 80 Degrees and turned it off ! after that tried starting and same old problem, it struggled so hard to start. He later took out spark plugs and they seemed fine , as per him there could be a chance the spark coils are not producing enough current as they should but for that he needs to get hands on to another Gsxr's coils so he may put them in mine and test. Idk what is going on here and where the problem exists !!! I was reading over the internet that there could be a kink in the fuel pipe line or the pipe should be insulated as it might get bent when engine is hot and yesterday i warmed it up till 80 degrees and opened up the fuel cap and tried starting and it did started !! i tried this twice and it fired up. Idk if it was a coincidence or does this have to do something with the fuel line or air etc.

So in short , it turns on properly when its cold and once its hot and i try to start it over again, it gives me this problem of not starting up till it cools down.

So now i would really appreciate u guys help me out as i am very sentimental towards the bike and i am having sleepless nights just thinking about what could possibly be wrong with the bike i just purchased with so much of an effort.

The mileage of the bike is 22,000 Kilometers.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,146 Posts
Is it a vented gas cap? If so, clean it or replace it. See if that fixes the problem.

Reactions: Hazqaz

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I had a Honda Sabre back in the day with the same problem. It turned out the brushes in the starter were shot. FWIW that bike was a 1985 model so the technology may be very different now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it a vented gas cap? If so, clean it or replace it. See if that fixes the problem.
Yes it has a vented Gas Cap and the only way i can test it to get my hands on to a new lid which unfortunately isnt that easy to find here in Pakistan and would have to import or purchase of from Ebay and get it shipped here. Any other way to ensure that this is the exact problem !

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
Yes it has a vented Gas Cap and the only way i can test it to get my hands on to a new lid which unfortunately isnt that easy to find here in Pakistan and would have to import or purchase of from Ebay and get it shipped here. Any other way to ensure that this is the exact problem !
Yep. Just loosen it the next time. But something tells me that's not it. If it is that's great and a easy fix. I just hope it isn't an electrical issue as I hate those.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. Just loosen it the next time. But something tells me that's not it. If it is that's great and a easy fix. I just hope it isn't an electrical issue as I hate those.
Ill give it a try and update you soon. In the meantime does this have to do anything with the Stator or Rectifier etc ? or even read the CrankShaft position sensor may be a hindrance etc. so many things to look for !

·
Ace Tuner
2,521 Posts
does this have to do anything with the Stator or Rectifier
If the battery is staying charged up (not going dead) then No.

S F

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
i warmed it up till 80 degrees and opened up the fuel cap and tried starting and it did started !! i tried this twice and it fired up
Are you saying this stopped working then? As you stated it did work in your first post. There is still a possibility you are getting vapor lock if a fuel line runs too close to the engine or exhaust so you might want to look into that a little.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you saying this stopped working then? As you stated it did work in your first post. There is still a possibility you are getting vapor lock if a fuel line runs too close to the engine or exhaust so you might want to look into that a little.
Unfortunately i didnt let the engine run for a longer period just fired it up twice when it was hot with the lid open and it worked both the times. I guess i have to give it a shot again and test to make sure if that is still the case and it it is so i would have to insulate the fuel pipe as it definitely will be the vapor lock thingy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the battery is staying charged up (not going dead) then No.

S F
I read over different forums where it stated that a weak or fried stator will give hard time starting the bike as when the bike is hot it requires more than normal and if the stator is not working the way it should , it wont start till it cools off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts