Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 SUZUKI GS500 - 1700 MILES - $4100

Is that a reasonable price to start haggling from for a bike that's almost 4years old?

Haven't gone and looked at it yet. Pictures don't reveal exterior damage.

My research (lurking on here) leads me to believe this would be a decent starter bike. Only reservation is - as with everything I buy in life - will it fit someone who is 6'3? I've tried to find ones to sit on, but all the dealerships were out.

Before I take the trek (and not having a car or bike it is a trek) I am just looking to get some input from the knowledgeable inhabitants of the board.

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
2005 SUZUKI GS500 - 1700 MILES - $4100

Is that a reasonable price to start haggling from for a bike that's almost 4years old?

Haven't gone and looked at it yet. Pictures don't reveal exterior damage.

My research (lurking on here) leads me to believe this would be a decent starter bike. Only reservation is - as with everything I buy in life - will it fit someone who is 6'3? I've tried to find ones to sit on, but all the dealerships were out.

Before I take the trek (and not having a car or bike it is a trek) I am just looking to get some input from the knowledgeable inhabitants of the board.

Thanks!
Not a real good deal man. I just bought (couple weeks ago) a 2007 gs500 NEW from a dealer.. I got the price down to $4200... of course there are dealer fees and taxes, but you will have to pay tax anyway so I would definately bring him down on that one.

As for the bike, its a great bike to start on.. Goes quick, great mileage, easy to handle, looks great, etc. etc.

As for the 6"3... you got me there.. Lets just put it this way, I am 6 foot 210 and I feel fine on it. I dont think three inches would make a big deal. But you can always have yourself or a mechanic adjust the clutch and break lever to make it more comfortable for you if you find it bad. You should be fine. Get that price lower though.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I hope to get $3200 for my 2006 Ninja 500. Granted it's got 14,000 miles but still. $4100 is way too much for that GS500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts