Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
That is not the kind of info I like to share on a first date, and besides, I do not know. I would type GS450TXD in Google and see what happens. I found an 83 for sale for $200, low miles, drum brake, needs a bit of work which is typical.
My 83 XS400 has a disc. I bet the GS went to a disc in 84.

UK

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
You are welcome, come back again

·
15,670 Posts
Well you never told us you had already done a search did you. We aren't mind readers. Maybe some one else will know or at least where to look. The weekend is coming so it could take some time. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
Its like having a 67 Camaro 6cly 3 spd no one really wanted them and not many were made. But you can look up how many were made and shipped. That's what I want to know!
A friend had a six cylinder, but it was a Pontiac Firebird. The 68 Camaro with the V8 did the 1/4 in 13.8, the same as my 68 350 Kawasaki.
Is your bike running? It was nice of you to list the letters with the engine cc, but it would have helped if you said what brand it was and what year. It requires most readers to look it up. If you go to motorcyclespecs.com you can find some info about the 450. They all have disc front brakes. try using the serial number from your bike for a search.
Consider that previous owners may have done strange things. 44hp, 1/4 in 13.9, top speed 95. Should be a nice bike for around town.
The lack of info on your bike, should not have a negative affect on members here.
Did you introduce yourself?

UK

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the bike to bob it out but I got it home cleaned it up. It just looks very good the rectifier was out and they gave up on it. New two tune paint all chrome shined up. it needs seat recovered. And the gs450t emblem on one side. I got $200 Milwaukee riding jacket $100 helmet 83 GS450TXD with 12800 miles for $500. It now runs like a top. Im going to find out and color it should be and do it right. That's why Im trying to find out all I can.

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
Sweet.
If it is running okay, I would go riding. I think God invented good looking girls and beer, to prevent us from messing with our bikes. All the 400 and 450 bikes of that era, were nice running bikes. At a later date, you might find a disc brake for the front. There are probably plenty of those bikes in the dead bike yards. Buy the forks with the wheel and disc. There are plenty of master cylinders available. I used to use one for a CB750. New from Taiwan work, and I have one on a 79 Yamaha. Your local mostly retired auto upholsterer can make a cover for your seat.Be brave, it does not have to be black. My 83 XS400 is purple with a blue seat cover. Real ugly but Mrs Snippets likes it.
Notice it is unbobbeted and practical.

UK

Attachments

·
15,670 Posts
Spent some more time searching, even tried images but it was mostly parts. I did find this. It should be blue, don't know what shade blue mind you. If you follow this link backwards they have a fair amount of info on the GS450, just not much on your model.

GS450TXD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts