Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man between work and rain the bike has not been out of the garage in over two weeks. I don't mined riding in the rain but 4 inches per hour is a little hard for me and 10 inches in one day the bike won't float either. I won't be able to ride before the middle of next week, got to fly out to Indy Friday and will not be back until Monday. Man am I getting grumpy. :71baldboy:

·
Registered
537 Posts
We are having nice weather here in Indiana, at least you should enjoy Indianapolis.

We could use a little rain down here in the Southern part of the state. But don't bring too much with ya.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
In MY case, I COULD ride, but my body won't cooperate. Either way, it can make ME "grumpy" too!

-soupy

·
American Legion Rider
21,096 Posts
Man between work and rain the bike has not been out of the garage in over two weeks. I don't mined riding in the rain but 4 inches per hour is a little hard for me and 10 inches in one day the bike won't float either. I won't be able to ride before the middle of next week, got to fly out to Indy Friday and will not be back until Monday. Man am I getting grumpy. :71baldboy:
You must live in or near the city. Us poor folk in the sticks with completely washed out roads(culvert GONE) are jumping up and down for joy. We knew it would take a drought buster to just BEGIN to recover from the last 7 years of near nothing in rain.

I still have a 100 feet of fence to fix but I'm not doing that until there's no more rain in the forecast. This is what it takes to recharge the underground aquifers that everyone has been tapping into and sucking down at record pace.

I haven't actually tried yet but I think I can get out with my 4X4 one other way but that's 15+ miles out of my way and no way a bike can make it. Most of us are loving this. There's a few that lost stuff but they knew better than to build where they did. Fools!!!!

Forecast is for more too so get ready. This time there could be some real flood damage. Most lakes and reservoirs are at or near capacity. It may be a month before I can get out. Or 3 days if the sun comes out.:D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must live in or near the city. Us poor folk in the sticks with completely washed out roads(culvert GONE) are jumping up and down for joy. We knew it would take a drought buster to just BEGIN to recover from the last 7 years of near nothing in rain.

I still have a 100 feet of fence to fix but I'm not doing that until there's no more rain in the forecast. This is what it takes to recharge the underground aquifers that everyone has been tapping into and sucking down at record pace.

I haven't actually tried yet but I think I can get out with my 4X4 one other way but that's 15+ miles out of my way and no way a bike can make it. Most of us are loving this. There's a few that lost stuff but they knew better than to build where they did. Fools!!!!

Forecast is for more too so get ready. This time there could be some real flood damage. Most lakes and reservoirs are at or near capacity. It may be a month before I can get out. Or 3 days if the sun comes out.:D
Hogcowboy, Not complaining about the rain we been praying for this just can't find time to ride. We are loving it also. I travel all over Texas in my work and have seen the drought from dry rivers to mudd hole looking lakes. You are right I live on the south side of Fort Worth in Benbrook :71baldboy:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are having nice weather here in Indiana, at least you should enjoy Indianapolis.

We could use a little rain down here in the Southern part of the state. But don't bring too much with ya.
Seagullplayer, I will be traveling to Indiana a lot come this fall. My grandson will be playing football at Taylor U in Upland. Really looking forward to watching him play.
He also rides a 900 Vstar. He is great young man :71baldboy:

·
7,443 Posts
I look at NOAA national weather service all of the time, to sort of plan the day and week and this morning it shows almost all of Texas covered with another storm and OK and MO are always in the path. When it starts here, later this afternoon it will supposedly last until Sunday night.

I guess it doesn't matter since it's 44 degrees I'm not gonna freeze to death anyway so it's me and the pickup today.

Those flash floods are bad so always be prepared like the Boy Scouts!

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Danny, I feel your pain. Our weather is not bad, but work schedule keeps me from riding. When work does not get in the way, that's when it rains. Not a fan of rain riding, but when the winds are as high as they have been with lightening, that's a bit different of a story.
I keep telling myself, hang on, it will all turn soon enough and I will get out to enjoy myself.

·
American Legion Rider
21,096 Posts
Heard a report this morning that the Red River was about to crest. I've only seen that one other time in my short 25+ years here. And the rains have started again. Look out down stream!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts