Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Yeah, BMW's spin around very nicely. Really came in handy when I had my K100. But like most everything, there's a slight knack or trick to getting bikes up on those center stands to begin with. So most never use them unless on very small bikes and to a large degree they have just stop putting them on bikes anyway.
If you are working with a center stand and want to turn a bike just put it up, pull toward yourself to get it on one leg of the stand and spin it. I can do a 180 on any center stand bike I have tried without ever moving a tire on the ground. The bike can be balanced on that single point with very little physical strength.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A lot of folks mistakenly try and use strength to put a bike up on it's center stand instead of a little inertia. Get it rolling backwards slightly and then "stop" it by stomping on the center stand. Most will pop right up, even the big ones.

There are some, however, that are badly designed, wrong angle, height, pivot point... and might as well not even be there.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Actually most of my center stand bikes were a breeze to lift. Set the stand on the ground and then stand on the lever they gave you that is sticking out the side. You know, that funny looking lever that you always wonder why they couldn't make it straighter. It almost lifts itself but you will need to guide it into place.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts