Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Visionary
5,302 Posts
Those grenades are probably REALLY loud, so be aware it may get annoying unless that's what you want. Short shots with the baffles are usually pretty loud but not ridiculous on most bikes, and have a good sound, I'd probably choose them out of the two.

·
Nightfly
4,605 Posts
You looking for just a loud pipe? Performance and sound I found to be the best with these RB Racing pipes. Most haven't heard of them but they give the sound, the power and the look. 2 into 1 is best. Not cheap..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Whatever you decide on, hang on to your current pipes for a while. Just in case you start getting annoyed, or maybe you start attracting too many Dudley Do Rights. :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I understand guys that want loud pipes -- or think they do, anyway -- because I once was one. Years ago I owned a Kawasaki 440 LTD, and a buddy just happened to know where I could get some loud pipes for free. Don't remember the brand, but they were popular at the time. I kept them on about a week, but to be honest I knew after riding 3 or 4 blocks that they weren't for me. I hope you'll enjoy yours. I enjoy hearing loud pipes -- just not underneath me!

·
Registered
319 Posts
no.

no!

NO, NO, NO...those grenades are awful....ugly and WAY too loud...seriously big time hearing damage...sound like **** anyway...you don't really want "loud", you want "badass" which is that low, V8 thunder rumble sound.

I put Pythons on my bike and they're quiet compared to those grenades.

I have a sound meter, when my 103 Harley starts up, the meter pops to 125 decibels, then it holds steady at 115 while idling..."loud", but great sound...basass sound...love it when I engine brake...sounds like a mud track stock car...well not that good, but in that direction.

My 103 has a set of Python - 41511 - 2 1/2in. Slip-Ons, Slash-Cut

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.