Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, long time rider.

I grew up in the lifestyle, my first bike was a Honda trail 70 (If you have to google it)...
Yeah... I was a
:71baldboy:

I'm married now, settled down, kids... stopped growing up, started growing out.

I still have my daily rider, but no more skinny saddle customs, now it's a nice fat 2007 Yamaha VStar 1100 Silverado Classic.. lately my butt drags the ground when I'm walking... don't need it to do so when I'm riding :biggrin:

What I've found lately, is that I look back, and really miss the brotherhood. I really miss the fellowship of men (and women) who love to ride just for the pure enjoyment of the ride.

So, here I is, besides, I can always learn a thing or 50 ;)

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Oh yeah, where do I sign up for my SOA patch? ;)
Yet anther abbreviation I don't know!! Man, I must be really outa touch these days. I've had to ask about two or three OTHER abbreviations I've seen in here, over the last two weeks! (lol)

I applied for another position within my company a couple of days ago, that will likely take me traveling within the Continental USA somewhat frequently.
(In my current position, I have traveled to China and Mexico, and other places) and I COULD end up in Houston at one point or another.

"SOA" (Sons Of Anarchy?)

-Soupy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yet anther abbreviation I don't know!! Man, I must be really outa touch these days. I've had to ask about two or three OTHER abbreviations I've seen in here, over the last two weeks! (lol)

I applied for another position within my company a couple of days ago, that will likely take me traveling within the Continental USA somewhat frequently.
(In my current position, I have traveled to China and Mexico, and other places) and I COULD end up in Houston at one point or another.

"SOA" (Sons Of Anarchy?)

-Soupy
Aye, I was making a snarky remark.. saw someone here in Dallas the other day with an SOA patch on a hoodie, riding a crotch rocket... I giggled.

Texas is a great state to ride in!!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The heck with stupid TV shows.
Welcome to the forum. I am a daily driver the year around but have no time for any club. I ride for the pure joy of it, maybe you can understand that with your background.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The heck with stupid TV shows.
Welcome to the forum. I am a daily driver the year around but have no time for any club. I ride for the pure joy of it, maybe you can understand that with your background.
I'm a daily driver as well. (Unless I'm taking the kids to soccer.. oh how the times have changed)
In Texas year around is every month but maybe January.

I don't have time/lifestyle that supports club life anymore.
Many issues can be worked out on a long ride though, and that's never changed.

I do miss a club ride though, and the comradere (sp), I know the feeling of brotherhood can't be replaced (or the drama) .. but I've been looking into doing one of these 'meetups' runs.
You get to pick what to go on and what not to, and don't have to join anything. Who knows.

Glad to at least be on with some like minded people:)

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
They're for sale on EBAY as well as some parts sources.
Y'all have a great weekend, I get to go help a friend move into his new house.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts