Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
SUZUKI GN 125
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Tom, 47 years old, live in Belgium and recently bought a Suzuki GN125 (1995 model) - couldn't resist it :-D
Rus very smoothly, but the sitting height is a bit low for my length - any tips to get this little bike a bit more fit for me as a bigger person ?
This is my first bike, and will use it a stepping stone bike to finally get my dream bike : Harley Fat Boy - just have to convince my wife now (so guess this will be a time consuming proces :) !!
Thanks in advance for any tips !
Tom

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Howdy Tom, greetings from Arkansas. Might be able to raise that bike up a little bit with longer shocks and taller tires. Don't know what else there is but if there's something else, someone will be along shortly.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
SUZUKI GN 125
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi,

I'd
Hello,

My name is Tom, 47 years old, live in Belgium and recently bought a Suzuki GN125 (1995 model) - couldn't resist it :-D
Rus very smoothly, but the sitting height is a bit low for my length - any tips to get this little bike a bit more fit for me as a bigger person ?
This is my first bike, and will use it a stepping stone bike to finally get my dream bike : Harley Fat Boy - just have to convince my wife now (so guess this will be a time consuming proces :) !!
Thanks in advance for any tips !
Tom
like to adjust the sitting height more suitable to my bigger (and somehow magically getting heavier ) person - any tips to do this ?

Thanks
Tom
Howdy Tom, greetings from Arkansas. Might be able to raise that bike up a little bit with longer shocks and taller tires. Don't know what else there is but if there's something else, someone will be along shortly.
HI Guy, behold my sad situation , lol

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
You don't look that big to me. Maybe save the money from modifications that may actually make the bike unstable and apply it to the new Harley.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Part of the rear suspension. I'm not sure if your bike has them. I will get a pic later.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts

Dog bones on the left. Connected to the swing arm on the bottom. The ends sticking up in the air would connect to a uni-track.

I checked a parts fiche for your bike, and oddly I couldn't find the rear shock.
Do you have 1 rear shock, or 2?

·
Registered
SUZUKI GN 125
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Dog bones on the left. Connected to the swing arm on the bottom. The ends sticking up in the air would connect to a uni-track.

I checked a parts fiche for your bike, and oddly I couldn't find the rear shock.
Do you have 1 rear shock, or 2?
Only 1

·
American Legion Rider
26,019 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...
We are a friendly site here. Well, most of us.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Wait a minute Tom, isn't there another identical shock on the other side?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Yeah, you should have 2 shocks. You don't have a mono shock design, so the dog bone idea is out. I found your shocks on the parts fiche. Suzuki thought it best to be on the chain guard page. The following link is for the US modal, but I don't suspect the suspension would be different.
1995 Suzuki GN125E CHAIN CASE | Ron Ayers

·
Registered
SUZUKI GN 125
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for te confusion, shocks means something completely different in Dutch, indeed, there are 2 shocks - would it be an idea to get longer ones than the standard ?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
would it be an idea to get longer ones than the standard ?
Possibly yes as Retired Guy suggests. May run into a fitting issue with some of them.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Look at how your shocks are mounted and measure the distance between the mounting points. If there is a motorcycle salvage yard nearby, you might be able to find a pair of longer shocks with the same type mounts.

I don't know how much longer you can safely go, maybe someone else can chime in, or it may just be a judgement call. Good luck with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts