Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smiley_drinkcoffee:

Greetings, All. I'm glad to have found you! I just got the third Nighthawk 650 I've had in my life (kicked myself in the butt each time I've sold them!), and am intending it to be my last bike (at least for a few years). I also have a '74 CL360 K0 that I'm quite fond of.... Glad to be here!

Rob

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome from the high desert of New Mexico Rob. This is the place where all of your answers will be questioned and visa versa, something like that, but Welcome !

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Virginia, yet another State my wife and I would like to move to.

Anywhere near the Luray Caverns? (Or is that in West Virginia?).

-Soupy

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,281 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from the high desert of New Mexico Rob. This is the place where all of your answers will be questioned and visa versa, something like that, but Welcome !
Thank you! I lived for a brief while in Grants. I loved NM, and hated to come back to Va.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I spent several years just north of Dallas - loved the restaurants, hated the traffic!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Virginia, yet another State my wife and I would like to move to.

Anywhere near the Luray Caverns? (Or is that in West Virginia?).

-Soupy
Luray Caverns is, in fact, in Virginia. Beautiful caverns, pretty sad story of the original owners/developers (they got shafted by the courts, and lost everything, way back when). Great place to visit, though! The riding in Virginia - especially in the western part of the state - is fantastic. Hope you get to visit soon!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thank you! I lived for a brief while in Grants. I loved NM, and hated to come back to Va.
I live in Grants Rob, small world isn't it? When were you here ? We moved here in 94' and have called it home ever since. My sister & brother-in-law lived in Woodbridge for a couple of years after he retired from the military in the 80's, We went out one summer to visit and got the grand tour of DC, the Smithsonian. What I remember driving around Va. was that Eastern Va, and Central/Western Va. are like two completely different worlds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in Grants Rob, small world isn't it? When were you here ? We moved here in 94' and have called it home ever since. My sister & brother-in-law lived in Woodbridge for a couple of years after he retired from the military in the 80's, We went out one summer to visit and got the grand tour of DC, the Smithsonian. What I remember driving around Va. was that Eastern Va, and Central/Western Va. are like two completely different worlds.
Tried to send you a msg, but I don't have enough posts yet to be allowed to. I was in Grants for 7 months in 2006. Loved it! Hated to leave.

There are definitely regional differences within Va, but Northern Virginia is truly a state unto itself! Many years ago, a NOVA politician suggested NOVA secede from the rest of Virginia. A lot of us liked the idea.:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tried to send you a msg, but I don't have enough posts yet to be allowed to. I was in Grants for 7 months in 2006. Loved it! Hated to leave.

There are definitely regional differences within Va, but Northern Virginia is truly a state unto itself! Many years ago, a NOVA politician suggested NOVA secede from the rest of Virginia. A lot of us liked the idea.:)
It's too bad you couldn't have stayed Rob but I know how life happens. Hopefully you were made welcome while you were here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts